Promoting corporate gender diversity
- BNP Paribas: the first CAC40 company to join the #JamaisSansElles movement
- Diversity and Inclusion Week: a special time for BNP Paribas employees
- In December 2019, the BNP Paribas executive committee signed the #JamaisSansElles charter, becoming the first CAC40 company to join this movement aimed at promoting gender diversity. To ensure better representation of women at public and media events, each signatory member undertakes that they will no longer participate in events - either internal or external - involving more than three participants if no woman is present.
Taking action for female economic independence
Fed Cup by BNP Paribas: a French victory for women’s economic independence
At the Fed Cup final, held on 9th and 10th November in Perth, Australia, the Group (the event’s sponsor) made a donation to the Dress For Success association, through its “Aces du cœur” initiative. Dress for Success’s mission is to empower women to attain economic independence.
UN Women and BNP Paribas launch a programme to promote the financial independence of women in Senegal
On 8th March 2019, UN Women and BNP Paribas signed a partnership to develop climate-resilient agriculture and female entrepreneurship with the PAFADD, a project to support women in agriculture and sustainable development.
Supporting female entrepreneurship
- BNP Paribas renews its commitments to female entrepreneurship in 2019
In 2019, the Group activated a new 2-billion-euro tranche of investment credits to promote female entrepreneurship projects. In addition, 10% of equity-financed investments by BNP Paribas (by number) will be made by female entrepreneurs.
- BNP Paribas publishes the 2nd edition of the Observatoire de l’Entrepreneuriat féminin study
Created in 2018 by BNP Paribas in partnership with the Occurrence consultancy, this study represents an assessment of the requirements, expectations and difficulties encountered by female entrepreneurs in France.
Supporting creative initiatives to promote women’s rights
BNP Paribas provides support for Anastasia Mikova and Yann Arthus-Bertrand’s film WOMAN
BNP Paribas is the main partner for the film WOMAN, which was screened for the first time at the 2019 Venice Film Festival. In addition to its goal of drawing attention to a number of injustices faced by women, this film highlights their determination to overcome obstacles and stereotypes.
Crédit photo header ©Drobot Dean