For the first time, BNP Paribas has been named as the “World’s Best Bank for Sustainable...
BNP Paribas: The World’s Best Bank for Corporate Responsibility in 2019
BNP Paribas has been named as the “World’s Best Bank for Corporate Responsibility” for 2019, by Euromoney, a leading publication in the international finance field. During the awards ceremony, which was held in London on Wednesday 10 July 2019, BNP Paribas also took 3 other prestigious awards.
4 Euromoney Awards for Excellence 2019
For more than 25 years, Euromoney, a leading publication in the international finance field, has awarded “Euromoney Awards” which recognise the best banks in several categories. This year, BNP Paribas received 4 awards:
- The World’s Best Bank for Corporate Responsibility
- Luxembourg’s Best Bank
- Western Europe’s Best Bank for Financing
- Western Europe’s Best Bank for Transaction Services
Why is BNP Paribas the World’s Best Bank for Corporate Responsibility?
Being the “Best Bank in the world for its Corporate Responsibility” is a distinction that rewards the work of all BNP Paribas Group employees, who are committed to working with customers to build a new, innovative and inclusive banking model.
In 2017, the Group created the Corporate Commitment department to make BNP Paribas a real leader in sustainable finance and social and environmental responsibility. Since then, all the entities of BNP Paribas have developed initiatives to increase the positive impact of their activities on the environment and social inclusion, with particular attention to youth, entrepreneurship and territories.
BNP Paribas is pursuing its strategic objective of being the leading bank for Corporate Responsibility:
- Supporting the transition to a more sustainable model: in line with the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), we are continuing to step up CSR within the Group and helping all our customers to make their own transition, by financing the renovation of their homes or offices, by helping them to replace their vehicles or computers, guiding them in their investment choices, etc. We continue to build new solutions for our customers in order to work together to build a sustainable form of finance.
- Supporting diversity and inclusion: being a “socially” responsible company also means daily actions to create a more inclusive society. That is why we actively support the Social Entrepreneurship (Social Business) and microfinance all around the world. We support young people in education, housing and employment to provide the same opportunities for all. In addition, we work on a daily basis to promote gender equality in terms of equal pay, as well as by setting up training courses and providing support for female entrepreneurship, etc.
- Measuring our impact and strengthening our presence in coalitions: in order to report on our commitments, we are working with other major financial players to establish new standards in the field of sustainable finance. And since we cannot act alone, we create and join coalitions of diverse stakeholders (companies, associations, NGOs, citizens, etc.).
Crédit photo : header ©Westend61
Read moreAll news
The 12th World Forum, which brings stakeholders in responsible economy from around the world...
The Banker magazine has made four awards to BNP Paribas for 2018: “Best Bank in France”,...