BNP Paribas lab: accelerating the construction of a sustainable economy that serves people
The BNP Paribas #PositiveBanking lab is based on two main pillars: offering a positive experience for our clients and having a positive impact on society. The lab consists of 4 distinct areas:
- #ACCELERATEFORGOOD: dedicated to impactful innovations. Through our ecosystem of start-ups, the objective is to develop and co-construct solutions that contribute to the positive transformation of society. This year, our commitment to biodiversity will be a particular highlight.
- #TECHCARE: dedicated to technology for health, to show the vast potential of innovation in this field.
- #AUGMENTED FINANCE: dedicated to an extended approach to the products and services offered to our clients, around the notion of “beyond finance”.
- #PAYITEASY: dedicated to our simple, smooth and secure payment solutions. We will present the solutions we’re developing in open innovation, with the help of start-up partners, to offer our clients a smooth and secure experience of our banking services.
BNP Paribas e-lab
In addition, the BNP Paribas e-Lab is a virtual stand made up of three areas hosting virtual conferences, immersive visits to discover some of the Group’s innovation sites and presentations of solutions co-developed with partner start-ups:
BNP Paribas highlights and keynotes at VivaTech 2021
For BNP Paribas, designing the bank of the future means being there for its clients and offering services that combine the human touch with the best of technology. VivaTech 2021 will offer the Group an opportunity to address several key topics such as trends and innovations in payment solutions, support and financing for start-ups in Europe, and to share the strategic vision of Nickel’s CEO.
- 11h20am: CEO Stories / NICKEL
with Thomas Courtois CEO & Marie Degrand-Guillaud, Deputy Chief Executive Officer, Nickel
After a year of revolutionary change in every aspect of business, what is the new role of the CEO? How are these individuals who guide, inspire, and reinvent their respective business sectors adjusting to this new world? Discover the faces behind the job title, hear how they are adapting to shifting variables and obstacles. What is their vision of the future, the direction their sector will take, the role of innovation for impact?
- 14.50pm: Future of Payments
with Neil Pein, Global Head of Acquiring and Head of Payments Transformation, BNP Paribas, Martina Weimert, EPI Interim Company & Todd Clyde, CEO Token.
- 17.30pm: Key Drivers to Help Scaleups Emerge and Keep Growing
with Marguerite Bérard, Head of French Retail Banking BNP Paribas, Paul-François Fournier Senior Executive VP of Innovation Direction, BPI France
The particularity of the European market lies in the fact that start-ups are financed by both public players and private investors. Which sectors are privileged by public institutions? Depending on the product/service and the stage of development of the project, which sources of investment should be prioritized and planned? BNP Paribas programme on 18 june
- 9.40am: EPI, the EU payments R-evolution
EPI is creating a new comprehensive payment solution for Europe aiming to provide a solution catering and corresponding to merchant and consumer needs. Let’s discover with Martina Weimert, Neil Pein and Todd Clyde, about the rollout of EPI, and the opportunities for start-ups and fintechs.
with Martina Weimert, EPI Interim Company and Carlo Bovero, Global Head of Cards and retail Payments BNP Paribas.
These conferences will soon be available for replay
so check out our website!
An open day dedicated to the youth:
This year, on Saturday 19 June, a day reserved for general public, BNP Paribas has devised an event for young people, with two dedicated zones at the physical lab: Youth and Inclusion and Entertainment. • XR (Extended Reality) technologies will be in the spotlight with two experiences to test (1, 2, 3 Bruegel and JellyFish), offered as part of our partnership with the Les Ailleurs festival.
It's time to reconnect
The new edition of VivaTech 2021 marks the return of large physical events and is a test case after several months of health uncertainties. Like every year, and despite its hybrid configuration, there is no doubt that Innovation, as a lever for economic recovery, will be at the heart of the debates and expectations of all players in the global ecosystem. As a founding partner, BNP Paribas has positioned itself as a major player in sustainable finance. A responsible, innovative bank that is close to its clients.
Photos credits : @Thomas Padilla/Agence 1827, @Jean-Claude Guilloux, @Muyard Foucha / VivaTech 2018 & VivaTech 2019