Determining a company’s appeal based on millions of accounts
For the second year in a row, LinkedIn published its list of “Top Companies”. Its purpose is to rank employers based on their appeal among jobseekers in each country. To compile this ranking, LinkedIn relies on a range of exclusive data collected on its network, including the following:
- Number of views, meaning the number of times users visit a company’s profile
- Engagement among page visitors, meaning the time spent on the page, corrections, likes, shares, etc.
- Number of applications sent when a company posts a job opening,
- Employee staying power, which shows how well a company retains its talents
These data points are based on billions of actions performed by over 500 million LinkedIn members worldwide—including 14 million users in France. In 2017, BNP Paribas came in 6th place among the most sought-after employers in France—climbing four spots from the 2016 list—making it the #1 bank in the ranking!
Recipe for success
The ranking confirms BNP Paribas’s appeal as a recruiter and an employer, since most employees stay with the company and appreciate their well-being at work.
What is the recipe for BNP Paribas’s success according to LinkedIn? Good benefits and a pleasant work environment for employees, as well as the Group’s values and how well it complies with financial regulations.
Moving up four spots in the ranking caps off the Group’s accelerated digitalisation policy and its many initiatives in favour of innovation, such as hackathons (unavailable link), support for startups (unavailable link) and intrapreneurship.
Connect with BNP Paribas
To facilitate “connections” with talents on its LinkedIn page, BNP Paribas uses the new feature offered by the social network: LinkedIn Connect.
In short, each applicant can share their LinkedIn profile with the Group by clicking the “LinkedIn Connect” button on the BNP Paribas Careers page.
BNP Paribas is a connected company on the cutting edge of digital innovations. Follow our Careers pages on Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook.
Recognised and award-winning recruitment
The LinkedIn ranking is an honour for BNP Paribas and continues a wave of recognition for our recruitment process:
- On 23 February 2017, BNP Paribas received a TOP/COM Gold Medal in the External Corporate Event category for the launch of its new Recruiting/Employer Brand event: the M’ITup.
- BNP Paribas received the 2016 Grand Prize in the Large Companies category at the Top 10 Recruiters for Diversity Awards, hosted by the Mozaïk Foundation.
- Present on the Glassdoor platform since February 2015, BNP Paribas relies on transparency to serve job applicants and boost its employer promise. Reviews and comments posted every day by the Group’s current and former employees give applicants an idea of the competence of company management, career advancement opportunities, salaries and more. It’s a report card for employer performance!
- For the fourth year in a row, BNP Paribas maintained its Top Employer Europe status, with certification in seven countries in 2017: Belgium, France, Italy, Luxembourg, Poland, Turkey and Spain.