The 12th World Forum, which brings stakeholders in responsible economy from around the world...
BNP Paribas, partner of Epic: philanthropy 4.0
Founded in 2014, the non-profit start-up Epic works to protect children and young people around the world by combating the inequalities that plague them. Convinced that “giving must become the norm”, Chairman and Founder Alexandre Mars has drawn inspiration from his entrepreneurial background to reimagine philanthropy.
Restoring donor trustIn order to help donors overcome their mistrust of social organisations and rediscover their desire to give, Epic has a portfolio of associations and social enterprises that meet rigorous selection criteria. Selection is based on three areas of analysis:
- impact: what is the positive, sustainable and measurable impact for beneficiaries?
- operations: do they successfully function in a structured way that is consistent with their objectives? What is their financial situation?
- governance: does management have the necessary skills to lead sustainably and effectively?
Epic: impact and fundraising solutionsEpic also develops innovative solutions to make giving easy and affordable for everyone:
- transactional giving (round up, fixed amount...) on retail transactions
- payroll giving (with employee agreement) which the employer can supplement or match
- strategic giving for large companies
- the Epic Sharing Pledge for entrepreneurs, investment firms and corporate executives
©StrongMinds - Epic
BNP Paribas joins the Epic movement
The mission of Epic echoes one of the axes of corporate engagement upheld by BNP Paribas: to support young people, facilitate their inclusion into society and, more broadly, to have a positive impact on the world. That is why BNP Paribas is partnering with Epic, whose pro bono approach and rigorous portfolio monitoring ensure its ability to help organisations with great social impact, such as the social business Simplon, a network of inclusive digital factories in France and abroad, already supported by the Group.
Photo credits: header ©Prerana // ©Simplon.co // ©Carolina For Kibera - ©Epic
Read moreAll news
The 14th edition of the Women’s Forum Global Meeting is due to be held from 14-16 November...
Since 2015, BNP Paribas has set up a significant policy of helping refugees in Europe, through a...