BNP Paribas has renewed its partnership with the Convergences World Forum for its 7th annual event, which will be held this year on 8–10 September in Paris, at the Palais Brongniart and the Hôtel de Ville.
The Convergences World Forum is the leading platform in Europe for discussions on combating poverty and instability worldwide. It provides a venue for experts and the general public to meet and exchange views. BNP Paribas has been a partner in this event since its creation in 2008.
The theme of the 2014 programme will be: “Objective for 2030: building the world of tomorrow together”.
The programme for the 7th Convergences World Forum will focus on 3 key topics:
- A global partnership from 2015 to promote sustainable consumption and production;
- Sustainable development: new practices, new financing;
- New technologies: tools for change;
This year, the Convergences World Forum will bring together more than 5,000 participants and 400 contributors, including several experts from BNP Paribas and L’Atelier BNP Paribas:
- François Villeroy de Galhau, Managing Director for Domestic Markets and CSR, participating in the session on “Impact Investing” on 9th September, 2:30 – 4:00pm at the Palais Brongniart;
- Matthieu Soulé, strategic analyst, L’Atelier BNP Paribas, participating in the session “Big data et territoires” (“Big data and the Regions”) on 8th September, 9:30 –11:00am, at the Palais Brongniart;
- Emmanuel de Lutzel, Social Business Project Manager, participating in the session “Partenariats pour changer d’échelle” (“Partnerships for Scaling Up”) on 9th September, at 16:30- 6:00pm, at the Palais Brongniart;
- Benoît Monsaingeon, President and Founder, BNP Paribas Microfinance Sans Frontières, participating in the session “Engagement citoyen dans le milieu associative” (“Socially-Aware Commitment within Associations”), on 10th September, 2:00–3:30pm at the Hôtel de Ville de Paris.
BNP Paribas’ partnership with the Convergences World Forum forms part of the Group’s CSR policy, which focuses on economic, social, civic and environmental responsibility. It is also a natural complement to BNP Paribas’ investment in areas of the social and solidarity economy, such as microcredit and crowd-funding.
For BNP Paribas, partnering with the Convergences World Forum is a way to initiate debate, promote ideas to both decision-makers and the general public, and encourage the creation of projects that aspire to enhance the well-being of the greatest possible number of people.
Read moreAll news
BNP Paribas, a strategic partner of the Women's Forum Global Meeting for the fifth consecutive...
Supporting women business leaders in their projects is all the more crucial as they are bearing...