The 12th Mobile Film Festival is underway, from 24 January to 21 February 2017! The principle is...
Participate in the 13th edition of the Mobile Film Festival
1 Mobile, 1 Minute, 1 Film. Become a director simply using a mobile phone. This is the challenge set by the Mobile Film Festival for the last thirteen years, born at the same time as our smartphones. Participants from anywhere in the world can enter films up to 9th January 2018.
Mobile Film Festival 2017
The Mobile Film Festival, created in 2005 by Bruno Smadja, aims to identify the young directors of tomorrow. The candidates, mostly aged between 20 and 30, attempt to make themselves known to the public and professionals by presenting a film shot on a mobile phone.
The simplicity of the concept - one mobile phone, one minute of film - means they need to be concise. The simpler the presented idea is, the more likely it is to be effective. The whole challenge lies in telling a story and conveying emotion in under 60 seconds with very little means.
The mobile phone choice maintains all its significance today. Smartphones are easily accessible for a young director and have impressive optical qualities. In this way, the idea of removing all economic constraints so that everyone can participate under the same conditions is now a global reality.
The Mobile Film Festival is honoured to have been invited for a retrospective and discussion evening on 10th November by the Brest European Short Film Festival, one of the most prestigious in Europe.
telling a story and conveying emotion in under 60 seconds
A jury of directors, actors and professionals from the cinema industry come together every year to award prizes from the official selection of 50 films. The jury president for this 13th edition will be Patrice Leconte (director, screenwriter, producer and writer), winner of a César (French national film awards) for Best Director in 1997 for Ridicule and director of the legendary film series French Fried Vacation.
Alongside him, among others, will be:
- Ruben Alves: Actor and director (The Gilded Cage, 2013, winner of the Public Prize at the Alpe d'Huez Festival)
- Stefi Celma: Actress and singer who became famous through the series Call My Agent
- Amelle Chahbi: Comedienne, writer and director (Take-Away Romance, 2014)
- Anne-Sophie Bion: Editor on The Artist, 2011 (nominated for Best Film Editing at the Césars, BAFA and Oscars)
- Alice David: comedienne (discovered in the series Bref, she also appeared in Les Profs, Babysitting 1 & 2 and Les Ex)
- Lola Dewaere: comedienne (nominated for a Best Young Actress César for the film Mince alors! in 2013)
- Pascal Elbé: actor, director and screenwriter (nominated for a Best Young Actor César for the film Father and Sons in 2004)
- Céline Kamina: artistic agent at UBBA
BNP Paribas and the Mobile Film Festival
BNP Paribas is a partner of the festival for the 8th consecutive year, helping to go beyond the discovery of young talents. The bank will present two major awards, France and International, each with a grant of €15,000. This money will be for the winners to shoot a short film in the coming year with professional means and supported by a producer.
The competition’s winners, announced on 28 February at the mk2 Bibliothèque multiplex, by the...
From 10 November 2017 till 9 January 2018, the Mobile Film Festival launched its call for films....