On the 3rd, 4th, and 5th of July 2019, the best young entrepreneurs from France and Europe met...
The 13th Mobile Film Festival announces its winners
The winners were announced on 13 March at the cinema mk2 bibliothèque by the jury chaired by director Patrice Leconte, putting some talented directors, scriptwriters and actors in the limelight. Thus ended the 13th edition of the Mobile Film Festival, with a committed, poetic, aesthetic and forceful selection of winners!
Around the world in 7 films: India, Mongolia, Iran, Hungary, Italy, Tunisia and France. 7 films that focus on the issues of migrants, gender, bedtime fears, siblings, harassment and the value of things in the eyes of a child!
This 13th edition has taken the Mobile Film Festival to a next level, becoming even more international with 1,055 entries from 88 countries and over 10 million views from around the world.
The winners of 2018
The prizes were handed over by the jury under its president Patrice Leconte, with members Ruben Alves, Stefi Celma, Amelle Chahbi, Anne-Sophie Bion, Alice David, Lola Dewaere, Pascal Elbé and Céline Kamina.
- The French Grand Prize went to Manon Gaurin for her film “Monsters”.
She will receive a BNP Paribas grant worth €15,000.
- The International Grand Prize and the Audience Award went to Vinamra Pancharia, India, for his film “Unsung Hero”.
- The Jury’s Favourite prize and the Senscritique prize were awarded to Boldbaatar Baasanjav, Mongolia, for his film “Brother”.
- The Best Screenplay prize went to Matteo Tibiletti, Italy, for his film "Yes, No". He will receive a screenwriters’ assistance grant of €3,000.
- The Best Director prize was awarded to Farshad Qaffari and Payam Laghari, Iran, for their film "Raahha". They will receive a screenwriters’ assistance grant worth €3,000.
- The Best Actor prize went to Tmara Csillag, Hungary, for her film "Leo Never Gives Up".
- The Digital Jury Prize was awarded to Haithem Sakouhi, Tunisia for his film "Zulu Rema"
The Mobile Film Festival
For the past 13 years, the Mobile Film Festival has endeavoured to detect and promote new talents by organising a competition with simple rules, open to everyone: 1 mobile, 1 minute, 1 film. The Mobile Film Festival is in line with current modes of creativity and consumption and forces film-makers to concentrate their screenplay and direction to create the maximum amount of emotion in a very short time.
BNP Paribas has been sponsoring the Festival for the 8th year in a row. The bank presented the two main awards, France and International, each with a grant of €15,000.
Read moreAll news
Co-created by BNP Paribas in 2016, the VR Arles Festival returns from 1 July to 25 August. The...
From 12th to 20th October, the 2019 Lumière Festival (the Grand Lyon Film Festival) will be...