Climate Initiative: 5 new research projects
The Climate Initiative programme run by the BNP Paribas Foundation in liaison with the BNP Paribas Group CSR Department is providing support to five new research projects on climate change.
Selected for support by an international scientific committee, these research projects are designed to increase our understanding of the impact of climate change both on the environment and on the social and economic fabric of populations all over the world.
Supported by a financial support of €2.7 million over three years, these scientific projects focus on a diverse range of topics and are being carried out by laboratories of international stature:
- INVACOST: the risk of invasion by particular species of insects
- SOCLIM: the consequences of climate change on the Southern Ocean
- APT: the accelerated melting of the permafrost
- FATES: studies into climate history with the aim of adjusting current climate models
- CPATEMP: study of past climate evolution and recently discovered biomarkers
Discover all summer long these projects in detail.
Since it was set up in 2010, BNP Paribas Foundation’s Climate Initiative programme has already supported the implementation of five research projects: AAA, Global Carbon Atlas, eFOCE, Preclide and Subglacior.
>> Watch the interview of Climate Initiative’s members of the scientific committee:
|The fight against climate change is a major issue. Beyond BNP Paribas actions to limit the impact of its activities, the Group invests in scientific research through its sponsorship program Climate Initiative.|