BNP Paribas is a leading European bank with an international reach. It has a presence in 73 countries, with more than 192,000 employees – including more than 146,000 in Europe and over 4,000 in Portugal alone.
BNP Paribas is present in Portugal since 1985, having been one of the first foreign banks to operate in the country. Today, BNP Paribas has several entities operating directly in this territory, offering a wide range of integrated financial solutions to support its clients and their businesses.
Worldwide, the Group has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. The Group helps all its clients (individuals, community associations, entrepreneurs, SMEs, corporate and institutional clients) to realize their projects through solutions spanning financing, investment, savings and protection insurance.
Within the RISK department, we have RISK Strategic Analysis and Reporting (RISK SAR) that consists in servicing the Chief Risk Officer, the General Management and the Board, as well as the RISK business domains, for each type of risk on 4 themes: Data management, Risk reportings, Portfolio and strategic risk analyses, Capital calculation for market, counterparty and operational risk.
We also have RISK SAR, Credit & Counterparty Risk Reporting (C2R2) that is in charge of producing & analyzing exposure and RWA reports and dashboards on credit and counterparty risk for RISK clients (RISK Senior Management, RISK Business Domains and RISK SAR), internal clients of the Group (Risk Practitioners at large, Finance Group and Business Lines), as well as supervisors (contribution to recurrent and ad hoc reportings).
Our mission is to serve internal and external stakeholders with an enhanced offer of value added risk analysis and reports, meant to be used for decision making and for regulatory purposes. Our team provides analysis and reports on the credit and counterparty risk, to serve internal clients (Group Board, RISK Senior Management, Group Finance,…) and external clients (Supervisors: ECB, EBA and Rating agencies). Our team is transversal: we cover all the Group BNP Paribas portoflio (corporate, financial institutions, sovereign, retail).
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Analysing added-value credit and counterparty risk reports in a timely manner
- Define with clients their reporting needs and the level of analysis required
- Analyze recurrent dashboards or crisis reports on wholesale and retail exposure through various axes
- Develop a forward looking view of the Bank credit risk profile
Facilitating the decision making in the RISK forums with an expertise on Bank credit risk profile
- Risk anticipation and management
- Management of concentrations: single name, industry sectors views
- IFRS9 provisions
- Cost of Risk & RWA anticipation
Ensuring a consistent and reliable reporting offer through RISK
- Promote consistency of reportings between Divisions and Group by aligning data sourcing and homogenizing consolidation rules, types of analyses and format
- Coordinate the works in relation with RISK reporting hubs (Paris, Brussels, London, NY, HK, Lisbon)
- Set up a strong permanent control framework
By integrating the C2R2 Lisbon team, you will work in a best in class analysis & reporting team and in an international and dynamic environment. Your missions will be:
- Ensure an enhanced level of understanding of the BNP Paribas credit risk profile (covering corporate, financial institutions, sovereign, retail) in closed interactions with your clients (RISK Senior Management, Group Finance,…)
- Design and provide reports « clients oriented » and tailor made to serve specific needs
- Transform the Group reporting offer, by developing a forward looking view and by playing an active role in the context of the new digitalized business model
- Ensure a robust permanent control framework to deliver in a timely manner, reliable and consistent reports
- Business school or Engineering School (Master level)
- Knowledge of the credit risk within the bank industry
- Analytical skills with capacity of data crunching
- Knowledge on Basel regulation and credit risk products (corporate, retail…) appreciated
- Fluent in English
- From 3 years of experience in a Risk / Business department as Credit Analyst and/or Audit firm / Finance department as Auditor
Please note that only applications submitted in English will be considered.
In case you are selected for this role, further documentation will be requested to support your hiring process.
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. We are actively committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.