BNP Paribas is a leading European bank with an international reach. It has a presence in 73 countries, with more than 192,000 employees – including more than 146,000 in Europe and over 4,000 in Portugal alone.
BNP Paribas is present in Portugal since 1985, having been one of the first foreign banks to operate in the country. Today, BNP Paribas has several entities operating directly in this territory, offering a wide range of integrated financial solutions to support its clients and their businesses.
Worldwide, the Group has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. The Group helps all its clients (individuals, community associations, entrepreneurs, SMEs, corporate and institutional clients) to realize their projects through solutions spanning financing, investment, savings and protection insurance.
The Counterparty and Financing Risk Stream (CFR) covers the following main responsibilities:
- Counterparty risks generated by any corporate, financial (incl.market infrastructure) or sovereign counterparty
- Market risks generated in the GBL Prime Solutions & Financing (including Prime Brokerage), in XVA activities and in BP2S MFS acitvities
- Liquidity, Funding and Collateral risks generated by Global Markets
The key responsibilities of the team are:
- Review, from counterparty risk point of view, any non-vanilla transactions, passing anything requiring a transaction approval committee to the relevant team
- Coordination in case of standard portfolio novation or regular IM optimisation exercises
- Propose systems enhancements for counterparty risk monitoring
- Produce and / or monitor main regulatory / economic liquidity risk indicators and global portfolio of collateral
- Maintain overrides for exotic counterparty exposures in systems
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The responsibilities of the Risk Analyst are:
- Contribute to the risk management tasks of the CFR team, such as daily limit monitoring, reporting to senior management, stress testing, counterparty risk analysis, etc.
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of the tools in use within CFR, keeping consistency in mind
- Contribute to ad-hoc projects, such as ad-hoc stress testing or investigating the impact of new regulation for the bank
- Continuously challenge existing practices when better solutions might be available. This can include making use of new technologies or machine learning techniques
- The candidate should have a solid quantitative background with 1 - 5 years of previous experience in a technical role (e.g. through market risk or counterparty risk)
- Excellent knowledge of derivatives instruments and associated risk drivers is a must and experience with simulation models (Monte-Carlo, interest rate, FX models, etc) is a plus
- Ability to react quickly but precisely in high pressure trading situations with Front Office interactions, requiring a structured approach and resourcefulness
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Solid technical skills, aside from Microsoft Office (with VBA) also experience in the use of a programming language such as Python or R
Please note that only applications submitted in English will be considered.
In case you are selected for this role, further documentation will be requested to support your hiring process.
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. We are actively committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.
Primary Location: PT-11-LisbonJob Type: Standard / PermanentJob: RISKSEducation Level: Master Degree or equivalent (> 4 years)Experience Level: Not IndicatedSchedule: Full-time
Behavioural competency: Ability to collaborate / TeamworkTransversal competency: Analytical Ability