At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.Job Description Summary
Receives, records, and reconciles internal and external customer service inquiries, and complaints in a timely and professional manner.Essential Job Functions
Other Job Duties
- Answers incoming customer telephone calls in a courteous and professional manner.
- Responds to and investigates customer inquiries, concerns, and issues via phone, fax, mail, and e-mail in a timely and courteous manner.
- Receives, records, and routes customer changes in appropriate manner.
- Answers customer inquiries and provides appropriate technical and/or product related information.
- Researches and resolves customer complaints and/or billing issues.
- Contacts customers when necessary to follow-up on customer issues or orders.
- Obtains customer feedback information.
- Effectively communicates customer issues and concerns to all applicable internal staff members.
- Documents all contacts, actions, and responses in customer database.
- Maintains working knowledge of products, and/or services.
- Prepares reports and correspondence as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Requires limited job knowledge of systems and procedures.
- Follows basic work routines and standards.
- Typically does not require prior experience.
- High School Diploma or GED Required
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
- Knowledge of equipment financing and leasing, insurance, and UCC’s.
- Customer Service.
- Filing UCC continuations, assignments, and terminations.
- Reviewing insurance certificates and its requirements.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Commitment to excellence and high standards.
- Strong organizational skills; prioritize and self manage workflow.
- Work independently and as a member of various teams and committees.
- Ability to understand and follow written and verbal instructions.
- Acute attention to detail.
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
- Ability to perform diversified clerical functions and basic accounting procedures.
- Ability to effectively communicate with people at all levels and from various backgrounds.
- Must be able to speak, read, write, and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace.
- Bilingual skills a plus, but not required.
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.
Primary Location: United States-Arizona-TempeJob Type: Full-timeJob: Business / Commercial Banking