In a changing world, unprecedented challenges require unmatched talent. Join one of Montreal's Top Employers in 2023. We are a dynamic and growing organization having its main establishment located in downtown Montreal and part of a leading international banking institution fully committed to building a more sustainable future. Note that the position may be in the Canadian Branch of BNP Paribas or in one of its subsidiaries based in Montreal.
The position at a glance
The APS Analyst (“Analyst”) is responsible and accountable for daily support and health of the production environment for multiple applications in the APS Functions portfolio. Such tasks include change, user request, incident, and problem management for the department. As required, functional support and user setup may be performed. The Analyst shall serve on a team which acts as the first point-of-contact (Level 1 and 2): the role will be to receive, to record, and to understand issues, to fix known issues, suggest improvements, route unknown issues to Level 3 support staff, and to then communicate the resolution to the requestor. You will also assist the user community to resolve technical issues.
Coverage during weekend and off-hours are on an "as needed" basis. The position will be required to work off normal working hours.
Level 1 and 2 Support
- Active monitoring of production activities
- Perform remediation steps when required
- Interface with external IT communities to resolve incidents
- Work with development community for Level 3 incident escalations
- Log work and effort in support tracking application and work with team and management to reduce recurring issues
Change and Request Management
- Responsible and accountable for changes to the production environment for NAR applications
- Work with development community for release prioritization
- Ensure that requests for change adhere to Group and Department Policies
Reporting & Special Projects
- Participate in project elaboration phases to ensure application production team is aware of upcoming changes, and has required skills for supporting changes post-release
- Regular reporting to line manager for prioritization and escalation
- Conduct and participate in meetings with related communities
- Perform control result analysis, reporting and take up corrective actions as needed
- As required, take up project management responsibilities for special projects
The strengths and skills that will help you succeed
- Around 5 years’ experience in support role
- Strong database skills (Oracle, MS SQL)
- Unix/Linux hands on experience with knowledge of day-to-day commands
- Scripting experience (Shell, PowerShell, …_)
- Scheduling tools (Autosys)
- Monitoring tools (Sysload, Geneos)
- Collaboration Frameworks (SharePoint)
- File transfer protocols
- Knowledge of the English language is required
- Prior experience in a banking environment will be an advantage
- DevOps knowledge will be an advantage
- Global financial products knowledge, a plus
- Project management skills, a plus
What’s in it for you
In addition to competitive compensation, we offer flexible benefits including a family and spouse insurance program, a defined contribution pension plan and paid days for volunteering. Hybrid work arrangements, such as remote working up to 50% and flexible working hours are available for most positions. BNP Paribas provides excellent training and personal development programs, as well as opportunities for career development within the company and internationally.
To find out more about our range of benefits, click here
What you need to know
- We will review candidates as they apply, so don’t wait to submit your application;
- If you are selected to participate in the recruitment process, please inform Human Resources of any accommodations you may require. BNP Paribas will work with you to ensure that you are able to participate fully in the process;
- You must be legally eligible to work in the Greater Montreal area and, if applicable, hold a valid work or study permit. Physical presence in BNP Paribas’ office(s) is an essential function of this position;
- Given the vast majority of our clients, both internal and external, are based outside of Quebec and Canada, specific language requirements may apply. These will be clearly mentioned in the qualifications of the position;
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DE&I) at the heart of our commitments
At BNP Paribas all employees are on an equal footing allowing us to create a work environment that values and respects people for their talents, skills and competences.
BNP Paribas recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, disability, age, and other protected status (Employment Equity Act and Canadian Human Right Act).
To learn more about our DE&I commitments, click here
BNP Paribas is the top bank in the European Union and a major international banking establishment. Present in 65 countries, with more than 190,000 employees, the bank holds key positions in several areas of banking and financial services.
BNP Paribas’ mission is to contribute to a responsible and sustainable economy by financing and advising its clients according to the highest ethical standards, while striving to respond to essential concerns in terms of the environment, regional development and social inclusion.
Since 1961, BNP Paribas has supported large Canadian companies and institutions in their business development by offering a full range of specialized financial services and investment products.
With over 1,200 employees, BNP Paribas in Canada continues to attract experts from diverse fields as well as ambitious young talent from around the world. We are proud to offer our employees a rewarding and international workplace where they can build their professional careers by honing their skills, meeting challenges and enriching their knowledge of the financial industry.
Our certifications and partnerships
- Montreal Top Employer 2023
- Canada's Best Diversity Employer 2023
- Women in Governance – Parity certified - Gold certification
- CCDI Consulting Inc. (Canadian Center for Diversity and Inclusion)
- Pride at Work Canada
- Rainbow Accreditation issued by Canada’s LGBT+ Chamber of Commerce (CGLCC)
- ROSEPH – Grouping of specialized organizations for the employment of persons with disabilities
- Part of Les Affaires top 300 companies in Quebec
Do you want to discover other BNP Paribas offers in Canada?
Click here: BNP Paribas in Canada Our job offers
** Only selected applications that meet the requirements of the role will be contacted **
Discover the different professions within BNP Paribas: IT, Tech and Data
BNP Paribas is not just a financial services group. We’re also a tech company. Information systems, data and tools are central to our DNA, and offer a very broad range of career opportunities!Find out more
Why should I apply?
Basically, why would you want to join BNP Paribas over any other company?
BECAUSE YOU'RE THE KIND OF PERSON WHO WANTS...
What if we told you that working in our Group isn’t quite what you might think? At BNP Paribas, we do a multitude of different jobs that are constantly evolving to meet the expectations of our clients and society as a whole. Whether through everyday tasks or major projects, doing one of our jobs means making a personal commitment to taking sustainable action.
Feeling good about your job means bringing your whole self to work and being who you are. It’s also about having the resources you need to achieve a healthy work-life balance. Both of these are major commitments at BNP Paribas.
At BNP Paribas, developing your skills is as important to us as it is to you. And the skills you learn with us will help you through the rest of your working life.