How does BNP Paribas calculate its own emissions?
BNP Paribas reports annually on its greenhouse gas emissions, based on the collection of data on energy consumption in its buildings and on business travel. It is on the basis of these two types of data that the Group's emissions are calculated. This collection of real data is performed in the 20 main countries where the Group operates, accounting for 90% of the workforce. Projections are then made for the remaining 10% of employees. Based on this reporting, more than 50 indicators are monitored in order to analyse not only the Group's emissions but also the consumption of paper, water and waste management.