In Asia Pacific, BNP Paribas is one of the best-positioned international financial institutions with an uninterrupted presence since 1860. Currently with over 18,000 employees* and a presence in 13 markets, BNP Paribas provides corporates, institutional and private investors with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs. It offers a wide range of financial services covering corporate & institutional banking, wealth management, asset management, insurance, as well as retail banking and consumer financing through strategic partnerships.
Worldwide, BNP Paribas has a presence in 68 markets with more than 193,000 employees. It has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. Asia Pacific is a key strategic region for BNP Paribas and it continues to develop its franchise in the region.
* excluding partnerships
At BNP Paribas, we passionately embrace diversity and are committed to fostering an inclusive workplace where all employees are valued, respected and can bring their authentic selves to work. We prohibit Discrimination and Harassment of any kind and our policies promote equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants, irrespective of, but not limited to their gender, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, ethnicity, race, colour, national origin, age, religion, social status, mental or physical disabilities, veteran status etc. As a global Bank, we truly believe that inclusion and diversity of our teams is key to our success in serving our clients and the communities we operate in.
Main Objectives & Purpose :
Manage the effective execution of Client Tax (FATCA and AEOI) regimes for Wealth Management Hong Kong and Singapore in coordination with other stakeholders to ensure:
- All internal and external FATCA and AEOI obligations (e.g. reporting, certification) are timely met
- Management oversight on AEOI and FATCA risks and issues
- General awareness of the regimes amongst stakeholders
Main responsibilities :
- Perform data quality checks and reconciliations for FATCA/AEOI reporting
- Support and coordinate with stakeholders (e.g. Client Lifecycle Management, Operations, IT) to timely resolve any data quality or control issues identified
- Assist in addressing queries (e.g. pertaining to the client identification or reporting matters)
- Administer the annual RM Attestation/reminder letter process
- Participate in projects that have Tax Ops impact
- Assist in identifying and propose process improvements
- Support the assessment and implementation of new requirements
- Ensure proper documentation of working files, documentations and records in shared drive