BNP Paribas Luxembourg, a subsidiary of the BNP Paribas group, is one of Europe's leading providers of custody services for securities.
The Luxembourg branch plays a major part in its operations, offering clients high value-added services extending from custody to securities lending, fund administration, performance measurement and ratings, and bond issuance services.
To support its current growth, BNP Paribas Luxembourg is looking for a:
Senior Private Capital Depositary Officer (M/F)
Within a dedicated Private Capital team in Depositary and Fiduciary Services Operation to :
· Perform depositary controls
· Support the team in charge of the Safekeeping Follow-up and Asset Inventory production in their relationship and follow-up of exceptions with the different Safekeepers
· Gain expertise on our processes to become the Client dedicated point of contact for Depositary and especially Private Capital-oriented Depositary subjects :
o Maintain Fund Profiles up to date
o Manage client communication
o Follow-up escalation process
o Ensure Funds’ compliance to regulation
· Contribute to the implementation of business processes by providing support and/or advice to manage fund events and deploy DFS operating model.
· Conduct to improve Private Capital-related Depositary Controls (Cash Flow Monitoring and Oversight Duties including Investment Compliance)
Key Responsibilities & expected result area
· Contribution to the different depositary controls teams in the execution of theirs tasks and controls with regards to Private Capital funds
· Once familiar with all DFS processes, as Client dedicated point of contact for Depositary and especially Private Capital-oriented Depositary subjects
o Ensure strong understanding of the Clients and their specificities by maintaining Funds Profile up to date
o Guarantee Client Satisfaction by being the trusted and dedicated point of contact for Depositary subjects. Reply to client queries
o Ensure receipt of daily/monthly reports of exceptions resulting from Depositary controls and the follow-up of the escalation process
o Get a good understanding of the exception in order to be able to discuss it internally (with managers and other department representatives) or externally directly with the Client, an auditor or a legal advisor
o Produce Depositary reports to the attention of the ManCo/Board and certify Funds’ compliance to regulation
o Organise/attend meeting and call with ManCo/Board
· Projects to support DFS managers and teams in the tailoring of the depositary control plan for Private Capital structures
· Be familiar with Regulations such as AIFMD or UCITS V and keep oneself informed of Regulation evolution.
· Ensure close cooperation on transversal issues with different Bank departments in case of process or new product analysis
· Guarantee the daily execution of Business Implementation projects and ensure relations with stakeholders
o Ensure the progress of the project
o Intervene from time to time on the technical level in order to help the operational teams to resolve the difficulties they encounter
o Manage all the risks related to the project, alert the decision-making bodies and propose action plans to limit/reduce risk impacts
o Ensure the quality of the deliverables and respect of the deadlines
· Share their knowledge and contribute to innovation and continuous improvement within DFS department and the Depositary function.
Advantages of the position:
By joining this team, you will the opportunity to discover all the aspects of the Depositary Bank in relation to Private Capital funds.
Working environment :
You will be a part of a strong Group certified Top Employer for the 5th time. You will join a young, dynamic and diversified team.
· Expertise on Private Capital structure and Depositary duties
· Expertise on AIFMD and UCITS V Regulations, especially regarding depositary topics
· Interest in regulation and market evolution
· Good understanding of investment funds activity and actors responsibility
· Sound knowledge of the different asset classes
· Comfortable with usual Office tools (Excel, word, access,...) and knowledge in Visual Basics considered as an asset
· Excellent organization skills with the ability to efficiently manage time, rank priorities and respect deadlines
· Demonstrate autonomy, with the ability to take initiatives in order to improve process flows
· Strong interpersonal and communication skill with the ability to deal with intermediaries and colleagues at all levels
· Oral and writing presentation skills
· Fluent in French and English - German considered as an advantage
During the finalization of the recruitment process, the preselected candidate will be asked to provide us an extract from his/her criminal record dated less than 3 months (record N°3 for Luxembourg), according to the dispositions of the law from July 23 2016 concerning the criminal record.
Why should I apply?
Basically, why would you want to join BNP Paribas over any other company?
BECAUSE YOU'RE THE KIND OF PERSON WHO WANTS...
What if we told you that working in our Group isn’t quite what you might think? At BNP Paribas, we do a multitude of different jobs that are constantly evolving to meet the expectations of our clients and society as a whole. Whether through everyday tasks or major projects, doing one of our jobs means making a personal commitment to taking sustainable action.
Feeling good about your job means bringing your whole self to work and being who you are. It’s also about having the resources you need to achieve a healthy work-life balance. Both of these are major commitments at BNP Paribas.
At BNP Paribas, developing your skills is as important to us as it is to you. And the skills you learn with us will help you through the rest of your working life.