As the leading European Union bank, and one of the world’s largest financial institutions with an uninterrupted presence in the region since 1860, BNP Paribas offers a wide range of financial services for corporate, institutional and private investors spanning corporate and institutional banking, wealth management, asset management and insurance.
We passionately embrace diversity and are committed to fostering an inclusive workplace where all employees are valued and encourage applicants of all backgrounds, including diversity of origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion applicants who may be living with a disability. We have a number of internal employee networks in place to empower our staff to act and challenge the status quo.
BNP Paribas PRIDE is highly active in favour of the LGBTQIA+ community
BNP Paribas MixCity which fosters better representation of women at all levels of the organization
Ability, the mutual aid network for employees with a disability or a disabling or chronic illness
BNP Paribas CulturAll which celebrates diverse backgrounds
BNP is committed to financing a carbon-neutral economy by 2050. The Group is a founding member of the Net-Zero Banking Alliance and has set up its own Low Carbon Transition Group to support its clients through their energy transitions.
BNPP has won Top employer Europe award in a 10th consecutive year
What is this position about?
The Financial Reporting team is a customer focused team; they support the business and client activities of the Operations division of BNP Paribas Securities Services. The team has extensive interaction and dealings with various managers and all teams within the Operations division as well as other internal BNP Paribas Securities Services teams such as the Risk Function and Relationship Management teams.
The team has monthly and quarterly client reporting deliverables and is also responsible for the preparation and review of clients’ statutory financial statements, APRA returns and ABS reports. This involves reviewing reports prepared by our team offshore and ensuring that all data is reconciled to the investment system, registry, auditors, clients and other external sources. In terms of volume, the team is responsible for producing approximately 350 sets of financial statements at year end and 230 sets of financial statements at half year, quarterly APRA reporting for approx 19 clients and ABS reporting for approx 9 clients (25 forms).
In addition, the team is responsible for the maintenance of the general ledger system and as a result is involved in all major projects and development in the business. The team works with other operational teams to resolve queries and provide advice on accounting and general ledger related queries.
The Senior Financial Reporting Accountant plays a key role in supporting the service delivery of the Fund Administration teams and meeting our clients’ statutory reporting requirements. The Senior Financial Reporting Accountant is responsible for the preparation and review of daily, weekly, monthly, and quarterly and year end deliverables for our clients, as well as managing the financial statements process at year end and half year. The Senior Financial Reporting Accountant prepares and produces accurate and quality reporting in line with SLA targets.
In addition to report preparation and review, the Senior Financial Reporting Accountant is responsible for understanding and implementation of the operational risk and legislative requirements of Fund Administration and BNP Paribas policies, in particular, ensuring compliance with the implementation of the Operational Risk and Control framework.
Primary Role Responsibilities
In this role, you will be responsible for the following as part of a team:
- Client reporting
- APRA and other regulatory reporting
- Financial statements preparation and review
- Client and auditor management
- Resolution of client issues and ad hoc queries
- Resolution of accounting & general ledger queries from the business and clients
- Assisting with related systems, process or internal change initiatives and process improvements
- Participate in initiatives aimed at improving efficiency and reducing operational risk within the business.
- Provide transitions support towards the setup of new portfolios, clients or restructures as per client instructions.
What is required for you to succeed?
- Approximately 7+ years commercial experience in financial services accounting or financial reporting
- Knowledge of fund accounting, reporting and related operational risk and compliance requirements of the client service function
- Experience using central accounting systems and producing reconciliations
- Demonstrated history of being results focused and excellent attention to detail
- Demonstrated history of managing clients and auditors at yearend
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Degree qualified in Business, Accounting or related discipline
- Qualified Accountant (CA/CPA)