At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.
We are currently seeking qualified talent to join the Financial Institutions and Capital Markets (FICM) team at Bank of the West. Candidates will be responsible for overseeing the Bank’s credit and counterparty exposure to financial institutions while maintaining quality standards and working closely with other departments throughout the organization.
- Underwrites and adjudicates credit risks associated with counterparty exposure.
- Reinforces adherence to bank underwriting policies and procedures as well as growth, quality, and profit objectives through the credit approval process.
- Implements and reinforces policies and procedures to comply with fundamental business and credit priorities of the bank.
- Works with other risk functions and first line departments to develop and implement controls that mitigate excessive risks and improve monitoring.
- Analyzes financial, economic, and credit data and makes final credit decisions (approval or declination) within signing authority. Recommends to higher level of authority if appropriate.
Other Job Duties
- Proactively manages the transaction process from inception to closing; assisting with the underwriting and monitoring of ongoing transactions and exposure.
- Performs reviews of the financial institution portfolio composition and quality.
- Manages the risk of complex financial products and transactions.
- Interacts with Relationship Managers, Trading Desks, Treasury, Trade Finance, Loan Servicing, Operations, Legal, and other related Bank personnel regarding issues of credit quality, appropriate structure, as well as new business and related trends.
- Keeps informed of industry and regulatory activities and recommends appropriate changes to current bank programs.
- Requires deep knowledge of job area typically obtained
through advanced education combined with experience.
- Typically viewed as a specialist within discipline.
- May have broad knowledge of project management.
- Requires 7 years minimum prior relevant experience.
- Extensive lending or underwriting experience at other
- Complete knowledge of financial statement, business,
industry and economic analysis.
- Experience covering financial institutions preferable.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal
employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status
protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action
employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with
criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject
to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations
Primary Location: United States-California-San FranciscoJob Type: Full-timeJob: Risk Management