GM Research and Content – Senior Business Analyst
About BNP Paribas Group:
“BNP Paribas Group is a leading European bank with a strong global footprint across 72 markets and more than 202,000 employees. The Group provides corporates, institutional and private investors with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs. It offers a wide range of financial services covering corporate & institutional banking, wealth management, asset management, insurance, as well as retail banking and consumer financing through strategic partnerships”.
About BNP Paribas India Solutions:
Established in 2005, BNP Paribas India Solutions is a wholly owned subsidiary of BNP Paribas Group, a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. With delivery centers located in Mumbai and Chennai, we are a 24x7 global delivery center. We partner various business lines of BNP Paribas such as Corporate and Institutional Banking, Wealth Management, Retail Banking through three verticals - Information Technology, Operations and Finance Shared Services.
About Businessline/Function :
The Global Markets business of BNP Paribas helps its corporate and institutional clients leverage capital markets across the globe for their financing, risk management and investment needs. This encompasses a wide range of financial products ranging from Foreign exchange to complex Equity Derivatives that are traded in financial markets across the globe 24/7. IT systems are integral to the business and are a key part of the value proposition to clients. These IT systems range from industry standard products for standard process automation to internally developed, often, market leading IT applications. The IT teams owning these IT systems are made up of functions that include Technical and Application production support, Business Analysis & Project Management, Development & Maintenance and Quality Control. BNP Paribas India Solutions is an equal partner in these IT functions along with colleagues in other locations including Paris, London, New York, Tokyo, Singapore & Hong Kong. This partnership ranges from sharing the IT work load, executing global strategy to owning global applications offshore. The technology and engineering landscape is wide, encompassing almost all techniques and platforms. It continues to evolve and transform with the market with the business continuing to invest in it.
Client and Sales Facing (CnSF) teams provide eCommerce platforms to Global Markets, Sales, external clients and research.
Global Markets (GM) Research and Content Portal is a BNPP research publication and distribution platform. Enables business users to publish and distribute research to both internal and external users.
Allows users and clients to define their research interest/preference.
Senior Business Analyst
Global Markets IT – GMIT Flow and EC&D
ISPL - Mumbai
Business Line / Function:
Research and Content
Number of Direct Reports:
Directorship / Registration:
BNPP is recruiting highly motivated Business Analyst to work on GM Research and Content team in Mumbai.
The candidate will report to the Local Project Manager and will be part of a global distributed teams in London. Candidate will be functionally reporting to London Onshore manager.
This position is a great opportunity for a candidate who wants to participate in building an end to end product for research and trade ideas and further enhance his/her knowledge on research platforms for internal and external users.
- Continuous engagement with users to gather feedback and details about the usage of the applications maintained by the team
- Liaise with Development teams to ensure accurate functional coverage and validate test scenarios
- Define, coordinate and execute front to back business level testing and the validation of new business functionalities and/or bug fixes
- Ensure all functional requirements are fully satisfied to a high quality prior to release
- Liaise with QA team on regular basis to ensure quality functional and regression testing
- Provide functional support, working with the support team, the developers or the business directly
- Work across teams based in London and Mumbai
- Take ownership for product quality, ensuring that requirements are valid, well understood by business and IT, well developed and tested and eventually delivered as requested.
- Investigate and follow to conclusion issues raised by project stakeholders
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
Mandatory Functional/other Skills
- Strong experience as a Business Analyst.
- Strong analytical and interpersonal skills as well as reporting capabilities
- Experience of working in Agile team and good understanding of SDLC with tools like JIRA, HP QC/ALM, SVN
- Experience in defining and executing end-to-end tests
- Experience in defining and detailing acceptance criteria
- Experience with working with in-house development and QA teams
- Experience of working in a formal project process methodology
- Be creative, innovative, pro-active and convincing in terms of finding solutions.
Mandatory Technical Skills
- Hands on experience in working with data analysis and data reconciliation activities
- Hands on experience in working with SQL
Mandatory Soft Skills
- Strong communication and presentation skills both verbal and written
- Delivery-focused with a good eye for detail.
- Comfortable working with the offshore/Onshore teams in a multi diversity environment.
- Willing to share knowledge and skills with other team members whilst able to work independently.
Nice to have Functional Skills
- Strong experience as a Business Analyst in capital market business.
- High level understanding of the FX, Equity, Rates and Credit business
Specific Qualifications (if required)
- B.E / B. Tech or equivalent.
- 5+ years of experience as Business Analyst
- Any other BA certification would be a help
- 2 years of experience in Agile methodology
Communication skills - oral & written
Attention to detail / rigor
Ability to collaborate / Teamwork
Ability to develop and adapt a process
Ability to understand, explain and support change
Ability to manage / facilitate a meeting, seminar, committee, training…
Choose an item.
Bachelor Degree or equivalent
At least 5 years
Other/Specific Qualifications (if required)