About the job
- The Reconciliation Officer is responsible for guaranteeing and performing the daily control and monitoring of the Bank accounts reconciliation between Back Offices Operations and Custodians databases in accordance with the Group policy, ensuring the objectives and the best practices of the department
Your Main Activities Are
- Perform the daily reconciliation of Nostro and/or Securities accounts; investigate and allocate the breaks in the Reconciliation tool to the respective Departments; ensure that the breaks are reported to the respective Departments; perform the manual matching agreed/requested by internal client, ensuring that the write-off tolerance is respected; and, prioritize the work and conduct investigation with due diligence on all the discrepancies
- Evaluate and update documented procedures to ensure they are complete and accurate
- Understand and get trained in all the tasks/activities related to the process; ensure the Knowledge transfer between the team on a periodic basis; and, participate on Brain Storming /Cross Knowledge sessions and share the best practices and ideas with the team members
- Interact with all needed internal and/or external entities in order to get additional information for unidentified entries; and, maintain Communication Channels with internal business teams
- Escalate unresolved open items to the Team Leader; understand the risks inherent to the daily activity and the existing Control Framework to mitigate the risks identified; and, take corrective measures/actions along with the Team Leader
- Seek for a constant automatization of the processes, in order to ensure that the auto-matching rate for all sites is maintained at a consistent level; while identifying exceptions and out of balance situations, liaising with internal departments to reach resolution in a timely manner
Profile and Skills to Success
- At least University attendance in Economics, Finance, Accounting or Business Management is required
- Up to 2 years of professional experience in Banking and Financial Operations or Accounting and Finance
- Advanced English level is required
- French knowledge is a plus
- Attention to detail/rigor
- Ability to collaborate/Teamwork
- Organisational skills
- Ability to understand, explain and support change
- Analytical Ability
Why joining BNP Paribas?
· Leading banking institution
BNP Paribas is a leader in the Eurozone, and a prominent international banking institution with strong roots in Europe's banking history. It has a presence in 65 countries, with around 190 000 Employees – including more than 145 000 in Europe.
· Our presence in Portugal
Since 1985, BNP Paribas was one of the first foreign banks to operate in the country. Today, the Group has around 7.100 employees across several entities operating directly in the territory, offering a wide range of integrated financial solutions to support its clients and their businesses.
· International reach
Thanks to its international presence and regular and close collaboration among its different entities, BNP Paribas has the resources to support all clients with financing, investment, savings and protection solutions that help make their projects a success. BNP Paribas holds key positions in its three core operating divisions:
- Retail Banking, a division that brings together all of the Group’s retail activities and specialised business lines;
- Investment & Protection Services that include specialised businesses offering a wide range of savings, investment and protection services;
- Corporate & Institutional Banking division that offers tailored financial solutions for corporate and institutional clients.
· Diversity and Inclusion commitment
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. We are actively committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity/paternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency, which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.
· Commitment towards work/life balance
At BNP Paribas we care about our employees wellbeing and promote a culture of good integration between work and rest. We believe our employees have rich personal lives outside of work, being fundamental to be disconnected from work to recharge both physically and mentally. Only through this balance we may all be at our best while working.
· Remote Working Conditions
At BNP Paribas, we embrace a Smart Working framework based on trust, autonomy and collaboration. Within this framework, eligible employees can benefit from flexible remote working modalities adapted to our hybrid working environment. To guarantee a comfortable and efficient working set-up, eligible employees are provided with both the office and home equipment, are entitled to an equipment allowance and can benefit from exclusive partnerships to purchase additional equipment at reduced prices.
To find out more on why you should join BNP Paribas visit https://bnpp.lk/why-BNP-Paribas-Portugal
* Please note that only applications submitted in English will be considered.
* In case you are selected for this role, further documentation will be requested to support your hiring process.