About the job
- P&L teams, as part of the Global Markets Product Control, provides a full and dedicated support to the various Global Market Trading Desks located in Paris, London, New York or Singapore
- The P&L Controller will be in charge of producing and validating the daily Economical P&L and related P&L Explains. It will be required to establish effective working relationships with both Front Office and other areas of support (e.g. Back Office, Market Risk & IT). This will allow for an integrated and proactive approach to the business’ requirements
Your Main Activities Are
- Produce and Validate the official Economical P&L figures and the related P&L explains (market move, new deals, etc) and investigate the discrepancies with the Front Office Predict when available
- Review the P&L Explain in depth and correct wrong effect if no technical solution can be found to overturn the misallocation
- Review the Risk based market P&L and analyse differences against the P&L Explain until the gap is understood and documented
- Submit the P&L for Signoff to the Traders
- Review the split of the economic PNL in liquidity and rate effects for ALMT perimeters
- Produce Hedge accounting controls for finance and FO where applicable
- When possible, challenge and enhance existing processes
- Ensure high levels of ethics and professionalism are maintained both personally and in the team
- Build and maintain internal relationships based on trust, respect and professionalism
Profile and Skills to Success
- MSc degree in Finance, Business or related areas
- Fluency in English, both oral and written
- Good knowledge in financial markets and derivatives products
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong desire to learn the processes and products
- Team work spiriti
- Attention to details and Rigor
- Client focused mindset
- Strong problem solving skills
- Ability to deliver quality work under time pressure
Why joining BNP Paribas?
· Leading banking institution
BNP Paribas is a leader in the Eurozone, and a prominent international banking institution with strong roots in Europe's banking history. It has a presence in 65 countries, with around 190 000 Employees – including more than 145 000 in Europe.
· Our presence in Portugal
Since 1985, BNP Paribas was one of the first foreign banks to operate in the country. Today, the Group has around 7.100 employees across several entities operating directly in the territory, offering a wide range of integrated financial solutions to support its clients and their businesses.
· International reach
Thanks to its international presence and regular and close collaboration among its different entities, BNP Paribas has the resources to support all clients with financing, investment, savings and protection solutions that help make their projects a success. BNP Paribas holds key positions in its three core operating divisions:
- Retail Banking, a division that brings together all of the Group’s retail activities and specialised business lines;
- Investment & Protection Services that include specialised businesses offering a wide range of savings, investment and protection services;
- Corporate & Institutional Banking division that offers tailored financial solutions for corporate and institutional clients.
· Diversity and Inclusion commitment
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. We are actively committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity/paternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency, which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.
· Commitment towards work/life balance
At BNP Paribas we care about our employees wellbeing and promote a culture of good integration between work and rest. We believe our employees have rich personal lives outside of work, being fundamental to be disconnected from work to recharge both physically and mentally. Only through this balance we may all be at our best while working.
· Remote Working Conditions
At BNP Paribas, we embrace a Smart Working framework based on trust, autonomy and collaboration. Within this framework, eligible employees can benefit from flexible remote working modalities adapted to our hybrid working environment. To guarantee a comfortable and efficient working set-up, eligible employees are provided with both the office and home equipment, are entitled to an equipment allowance and can benefit from exclusive partnerships to purchase additional equipment at reduced prices.
To find out more on why you should join BNP Paribas visit https://bnpp.lk/why-BNP-Paribas-Portugal
* Please note that only applications submitted in English will be considered.
* In case you are selected for this role, further documentation will be requested to support your hiring process.