About BNP Paribas Group:
BNP Paribas Group is a leading European bank with a
strong global footprint across 72 markets and more than 202,000 employees. The Group provides corporates, institutional and private investors with
product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs. It offers a
wide range of financial services covering corporate & institutional
banking, wealth management, asset management, insurance, as well as retail
banking and consumer financing through strategic partnerships
About BNP Paribas India Solutions:
Established in 2005, BNP Paribas India Solutions is a wholly owned subsidiary of BNP Paribas Group, a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. With delivery centers located in Mumbai and Chennai, we are a 24x7 global delivery center. We partner various business lines of BNP Paribas such as Corporate and Institutional Banking, Wealth Management, Retail Banking through three verticals - Information Technology, Operations and Finance Shared Services.
About Business line/Function :
Within Global Markets department, we have sub department for Risk, PnL and Referential applications suite. Based on its functionality, Application is bucketed in one of the Team within this sub department. These applications mainly calculate start of day Risk/ Intraday Risk/ PnL figures and store Referential data for various computations. We provide Production Support for these applications and ensure they are up always. With a Follow-the-Sun model, various team located across globe are responsible for serving users 24*7.
GM APS - RPR
Business Line / Function:
Number of Direct Reports:
Directorship / Registration:
Team member to help team in providing good quality support and to improve system with day to day efforts in optimization and automation. Quick resolutions when system are not Green and contribution towards project tasks when production is stable.
- Provide first class support to all users of the application system in a timely and efficient manner.
- Liaise with the developers to communicate issues raised by the business.
- Communicating with the global team to resolve issues.
- Maintain a knowledge base regarding support issues and their resolution using SharePoint collaboration tools.
- Build a working knowledge of the systems and business area in order to provide a high level of support.
- Reconfiguring various existing setups in order to improve the efficiency of the system and to cohere to business requests.
- Track issues effectively using ITIL approved methodology ﴾incidents, changes, requests and problems﴿.
- Preparing environments for releases and ensuring that the implementation and pre‐production tests are carried out.
- The systems the team supports are classified as Tier 1 ﴾business critical﴿ which requires a very flexible approach to work as we have to support the systems as well as undertake project work. Within the broader team we support an overnight batches that performs the official end‐of‐day revaluations and scenario analysis for market risk.
- Operating on Singapore/London based hours to support the business in Singapore and London – this involves 2 rotational shift works with the early shift being at 6.30am start time, and the late shift starting from 1pm Mumbai time.
- The successful candidate will be expected to be committed to potentially longer than normal days if there are critical issues which still require attention at the end of the day.
- Perform System Checks, Pro‐actively monitor and improve availability and performance of the production environments globally, deployment of applications in UAT & PROD env, contribute in weekend checks and coordinate with the teams in New York, London, Singapore.
- Coordinate with other internal teams, Brokers and vendors in order to respond to incidents and resolve issues promptly so as to restore normal services to the business.
- Ensure root cause analysis is undertaken for all incidents. Manage problem and action tickets.
- Perform BAU tasks with very good quality Incident management.
- Candidate will be reporting to Mumbai Team manager
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to absorb, retain and document knowledge
- Ability to prioritize work effectively in a dynamic, ever changing environment.
- Self‐motivated by working under their own initiative
- Unix Admin
- Windows & IIS server admin
- Shell scripting
- Oracle Sql
- Python Scripting <Desired>
- CIB Production Support knowledge (Desired)
- Confident enough to work in a trading environment
Ability to collaborate / Teamwork
Attention to detail / rigor
Ability to deliver / Results driven
Ability to understand, explain and support change
Ability to develop and adapt a process
Ability to inspire others & generate people's commitment
Ability to develop others & improve their skills
Bachelor Degree or equivalent
At least 2 years
Primary Location: IN-MH-MumbaiJob Type: Standard / PermanentJob: INFORMATION TECHNOLOGYEducation Level: Bachelor Degree or equivalent (>= 3 years)Experience Level: At least 2 yearsSchedule: Full-time
Behavioural competency: Ability to collaborate / Teamwork, Attention to detail / rigor, Proactivity, Ability to share / pass on knowledge, AdaptabilityTransversal competency: Ability to understand, explain and support change, Ability to manage a project, Ability to develop others & improve their skills, Ability to inspire others & generate people's commitment, Ability to develop and adapt a process