About BNP Paribas:
BNP Paribas is a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. It has a presence in 74 countries, with more than 192,000 employees, including more than 146,000 in Europe. The Group has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. The Group helps all its clients (individuals, community associations, entrepreneurs, SMEs, corporate and institutional clients) to realize their projects through solutions spanning financing, investment, savings and protection insurance. In Europe, the Group has four domestic markets (Belgium, France, Italy and Luxembourg) and BNP Paribas Personal Finance is the leader in consumer lending. BNP Paribas is rolling out its integrated retail-banking model in Mediterranean countries, in Turkey, in Eastern Europe and a large network in the western part of the United States. In its Corporate & Institutional Banking and International Financial Services activities, BNP Paribas also enjoys top positions in Europe, a strong presence in the Americas as well as a solid and fast-growing business in Asia-Pacific.
The Hispanic Latin America region is a key market for BNP Paribas. While Brazil remains the largest economy in Latin America, other major countries in the region are also significant contributors for the business and for long standing relations with clients. For example, BNP Paribas has been uninterruptedly present in Colombia for more than 40 years.
BNP Paribas has a historical footprint in the Hispanic Latin America. The Bank has been in the region since 1914 and is now present in 5 countries with nearly 2000 employees between Corporate and Institutional Banking (CIB) and International Financial Services.
CIB in Hispanic Latin America has world-class teams of roughly 200 professionals spread among Colombia, Mexico, Chile, Peru and Argentina, thus ensuring an overall coverage of BNP Paribas’ client franchise in the region. All BNP Paribas’ business lines have operations in Hispanic Latin America and are structured in such a way as to provide their clients with the best combination of specialists according to sector, product or geographic region. In the context of growing globalization, they are able to accommodate their clients thanks to their powerful regional platforms:
- In North America (essentially New York but also other hubs such as Houston and San Francisco) and Brazil (Sao Paulo) with a number of professionals covering Latin America.
- In the whole of Europe with major hubs such as Paris, London, Frankfurt, Madrid, etc.
- In Asia with a broad coverage of all major economies in the region.
In Colombia, BNP Paribas has presence through 5 entities representing the Group: the Rep. Office, the Corporación Financiera and a Trust company for the Corporate and Institutional Banking pole. As for International Financing Services, an insurance company (Cardif) and a Rep Office for Asset Management Services. BNP Paribas is the European bank with the longest uninterrupted presence in the country.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Economy, Business Administration or Industrial engineering or equivalent.
- Knowledge of financial industry, especially in back or middle office operations.
Skills & Abilities
- Communication Skills: Verbal, "directive". Responsiveness to complaints, always building a positive relationship. Written, assertive to the point.
- Analytical and Mathematical skills: Basic and complex financial operations
- Ability to report: Provide status of results to internal clients VP COCE
- Rigour & Accuracy on the transaction checking and approval
- Autonomy & Accountability
- Role Modeling: Service attitude with ability to say NO but embracing collaboration
- Understanding the business environment of the entity
- Understanding the BNP Paribas group
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal (English – B1)
- Intermediate Level of Microsoft Excel: To use functions such as financial, statistics, some logical function such as IF. It is able to work in an advanced way with graphics and edit them to change the design or the information. Use conditional formats, PivotTables and Pivot Charts and templates to enter data.
- Between 3 – 5 years within the financial industry, especially in back or middle office operations
- Between 2– 3 years in Clearing & Settlement
- Between 2– 3 years in Custody
- Experience with Swift, CUD, DCV, Deceval, BVC, SET FX, CENIT
- Additional Certification
- Knowledge of Investment account management, Bank, custody and queries and request.
- About decrees 1242 and 1498 of 2013, decree 2555, law 964 of 2005, Market Risk, Credit Risk, Liquidity Risk and Counterparty Risk.
- Knowledge of products related to a Bank or Financial Corporation
- Knowledge related to the regulation of the products of a Bank or Financial Corporation