OPC staff belongs to the first line of defense defined by Group, CIB & WM Procedures which is responsible for the implementation of an Operational Permanent Control framework covering its operational permanent control and the identification, measurement and management of operational risk.
The mission of the Operational Permanent Control Officer is to contribute to the following mission assigned to PRC OPC team:
• To ensure the compliance with applicable standards of the Permanent Control framework and Operational Risk set-up in the Country for both CIB and WM,
• To contribute to all duties at country level delegated by the relevant regional and or central OPC Métiers/Functions
• To provide relevant information to the Country Management for an effective monitoring and control of the operational risk of the Country , as well as to the relevant OPC Métiers/Functions and RISK-ORC teams for an effective oversight of the Country OPC framework
In this framework, the OPC officer will be responsible for the following areas on which he/she is expected to deliver a high quality level of work and make suggestions to improve the efficiency of the tasks performed:
• Production of monthly dashboard from Key Productivity and Key Risk Indicators (KPI/KRI)
• Design and/or performance of regular independent checks of controls performed by operational teams.
• Assistance on all other areas covered within OPC team upon request of the Head of OPC, including but not limited to: analysis and reporting of the operational risk incidents in Group tool, provide training to bank staff on Operational Risk topic; preparation of data/analysis for the various committees on operational risk and permanent control topics...
1. Coordinate and perform key processes, risks and controls identification, local risk assessment (Risk Mapping)
2. Ensure timely origination of incident in accordance to Group’s rules and to proceed to the FORECAST input (when relevant) while contributing to the analysis of incident with the concerned department, and the setup of corrective action plans and follow-up on implementation;
3. Business / function Control Plans (Business Lines and Corporate Functions): In coordination with relevant Regional or Global OPCs, contribute to controls identification which includes generic controls implementation and extension of local controls.
4. Perform 2nd level controls as defined by RISK-ORC/ Regional OPC teams.
5. Ensure the existence and efficiency of proper set up for formalization, validation, review and distribution of local procedures;
6. Assist Head of OPC in the organization of the relevant local committees and preparation of all reports related to Operational
Risk & Permanent Control areas.
7. Promote operational risk and control awareness training within the country in coordination with training conducted by regional and global OPCs.
8. Assist Head of OPC in the contribution of regulator enquiries / surveys on Operational Risk and Internal Control
9. To alert his/her operational management and relevant RISK-ORC teams of any fraud incident or any deficiency in the permanent control and operational risk set-up which he/she becomes aware of.
• Analytical and pro-active approach, curiosity
• Ability to work with various teams of the Bank without close management
• Able to handle multiple tasks at the same time
• Fluent in English & Chinese
• Very good knowledge of Excel (pivot table & basic macro programming), Access, Power Point, Visio
• High ethical standards
• Service minded
• Preference for prior experience in audit/control in banking industry
• University graduate or above with 5 years working experience, preferably in audit/control in banking industry.
• Motivation and soft skills are very important
Primary Location: CN-31-ShanghaiJob Type: Standard / PermanentJob: COMPLIANCE AND PERMANENT CONTROLEducation Level: Bachelor Degree or equivalent (>= 3 years)Experience Level: At least 5 years
Behavioural competency: Ability to collaborate / TeamworkTransversal competency: Analytical Ability