Junior Data Scientist
Want to help shape the bank of tomorrow today?
At the bank for a changing world, our employees make change their greatest asset, turning challenges into opportunities. They think ahead to offer our customers creative solutions which are perfectly suited to their needs. At BNP Paribas Fortis, the country’s number one bank, employees enjoy ongoing career growth in a meaningful, rewarding and flexible working environment.
The CoE Analytics & Artificial Intelligence is a transversal team within the bank, which has the objective to help the businesses realizing their analytics ambitions. We are looking for someone eager to learn about the financial sector and passionate about translating the real life business challenges into solutions supported by analytics or AI.
Your future job!
The CoE Analytics & Artificial Intelligence is looking for a junior Data Scientist willing to develop his/her skills in a high talented team. You will put your knowledge at work on real use case and be surrounded by senior data scientist helping you to improve your skills and keep track of the latest trends in this field.
You will master many aspects of analytics & AI and develop your skills in several domains:
- Address diversified business problems like marketing & sales analytics, fraud management, risk management, language and text processing (incl. chatbots), pricing optimisation and many more, all across the different businesses of the bank.
- Work with diverse analytical methodologies, including statistical/machine learning, forecasting, survival analysis, optimisation, natural language processing, graph analysis, big data, recommendation systems and so on.
- Work in a full scaled agile organizational setup.
- Communicate the fruits of your work directly to the business stakeholders.
- Access one of the richest volumes of varied data in the market and apply your skills to it.
- Evolve in an environment where innovation, entrepreneurship and agile thinking are praised, straight-forward communication is encouraged.
- Work with a diverse team of colleagues who are ready to collaborate and to share their experience.
- Follow personalised learning track and sharing knowledge session to keep learning and increase your potential.
- Be part of an international analytics community of hundreds of data scientists (BNP worldwide), offering many opportunities to exchange and grow in your career.
Highlight your strengths!
You take pride in the following knowledge and experience that you have already acquired, which are indispensable for this role. Requirements for this function:
- You have a Master’s degree in a quantitative discipline, such as statistics, mathematics or engineering. Candidates with other academic backgrounds with substantial knowledge of analytics are also encouraged to apply.
- You have at least 2 years of relevant experience in Data Analytics, ideally, but not necessarily, in the financial sector. Less experience will be accepted if your academic credentials compensate for lack of professional experience (i.e. specialization in analytics, good grades in statistics or AI, …)
- You have fluent knowledge of English and a good level of French and/or Dutch.
- You are proficient in the programming languages that are used in Data Analytics, like Python.
- You have good notion of data management (SQL)
- Expertise in source code management (GIT) is a plus.
- Proven expertise in Natural Language Processing is considered an advantage.
Your future workplace
In a changing world, diversity and inclusion are core values for team well-being and performance. At BNP Paribas Fortis, we want to welcome and retain all talents, regardless of gender, age, origin or sexual orientation, and irrespective of whether or not they are living with a disability, as each of them have their own experience and identity. Together, let's build the bank of tomorrow: innovative, responsible and sustainable. All of our full-time vacancies are also open to candidates wishing to work 80% or 90%.
By choosing us, you get
- Excellent opportunities to develop, personally and professionally, and spread your wings.
- A permanent contract and an attractive pay package.
- A position in a responsible, socially engaged organisation where diversity and inclusion are the standard.
Choose BNP Paribas Fortis now and apply here.
We will make our first selections on the basis of your CV and letter of motivation. Are you the candidate we’re looking for? Then you’re sure to hear from us. Good luck!