Java Technical Lead
About BNP Paribas Group:
“BNP Paribas Group is a leading European bank with a strong global footprint across 72 markets and more than 202,000 employees. The Group provides corporates, institutional and private investors with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs. It offers a wide range of financial services covering corporate & institutional banking, wealth management, asset management, insurance, as well as retail banking and consumer financing through strategic partnerships”.
About BNP Paribas India Solutions:
Established in 2005, BNP Paribas India Solutions is a wholly owned subsidiary of BNP Paribas Group, a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. With delivery centers located in Mumbai and Chennai, we are a 24x7 global delivery center. We partner various business lines of BNP Paribas such as Corporate and Institutional Banking, Wealth Management, Retail Banking through three verticals - Information Technology, Operations and Finance Shared Services.
About Businessline/Function :
The Global Markets business of BNP Paribas helps its corporate and institutional clients leverage capital markets across the globe for their financing, risk management and investment needs. This encompasses a wide range of financial products ranging from Foreign exchange to complex Equity Derivatives that are traded in financial markets across the globe 24/7. IT systems are integral to the business and are a key part of the value proposition to clients. These IT systems range from industry standard products for standard process automation to internally developed, often, market leading IT applications. The IT teams owning these IT systems are made up of functions that include Technical and Application production support, Business Analysis & Project Management, Development & Maintenance and Quality Control. BNP Paribas India Solutions is an equal partner in these IT functions along with colleagues in other locations including Paris, London, New York, Tokyo, Singapore & Hong Kong. This partnership ranges from sharing the IT workload, executing global strategy to owning global applications offshore. The technology and engineering landscape is wide, encompassing almost all techniques and platforms. It continues to evolve and transform with the market with the business continuing to invest in it.
JAVA Technical Lead
Business Line / Function:
Number of Direct Reports:
Directorship / Registration:
Technical Lead is required in Key Engine application to help on speeding up the critical work identified for 2020 particularly Droit mandates integration.
Require senior person with strong technical skills who can assist in leveraging the current platform to support huge volumes of request, ensure stability and resilient.
1) BAU deliverables as defined for Key Engine application.
2) Design / engineer solutions for complex problems raised on regulatory platforms.
3) Architect highly concurrent and performant applications/modules using appropriate frameworks/tools.
4) Should deliver robust and scalable solutions rapidly in an agile way.
5) Understand and practice data security protocols and controls to ensure data protection.
6) Guide / mentor /review other team member’s deliveries and setup technical best practices for the teams.
7) Implement / Improve Dev Ops Pipeline for production delivery.
8) Hands on - Full stack development. (UI, Middleware, Services/API, Backend (SQL/NoSQL).
9) Interaction with different stakeholders of the application.
10) Analysis of production incidents and helping BA team for any query resolution.
1) Improvement on the current process followed in the team to ensure smooth functioning and increase team efficiency.
2) Automate stuff, which can increase team efficiency.
3) Be able to provide weekly/monthly reports of team status to management.
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
1) JAVA 8.0, Java Spring framework.
2) REST API framework.
3) Knowledge of scripting using Groovy, python etc.
4) Proficient in usage of frameworks:
· Spring MVC
· Micro services
· Spring Boot
· JMS/Spring JMS
5) Oracle database and coherence cache.
6) Proficient in usage of tools :
· Bit bucket
· Oracle coherence
· Apache Tomcat
· Oracle DB
· MS Sql
· JMeter – Performance/load test simulator
10) Strong analytical and communication skills.
11) Good interpersonal skills.
12) Ability to learn and adapt quickly to new technologies and methodologies.
13) Has an eye for detail.
14) Ability to operate autonomously without supervision even if within team.
Specific Qualifications (if required)
Ability to collaborate / Teamwork
Ability to deliver / Results driven
Creativity & Innovation / Problem solving
Communication skills - oral & written
Ability to develop and adapt a process
Ability to develop others & improve their skills
Ability to inspire others & generate people's commitment
Ability to understand, explain and support change
Bachelor Degree or equivalent
At least 7 years
Other/Specific Qualifications (if required)