About BNP Paribas Group:
“BNP Paribas Group is a leading European bank with a
strong global footprint across 72 markets and more than 202,000 employees.
The Group provides corporates, institutional and private investors with
product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs. It offers a
wide range of financial services covering corporate & institutional
banking, wealth management, asset management, insurance, as well as retail
banking and consumer financing through strategic partnerships”.
About BNP Paribas India Solutions:
Established in 2005, BNP
Paribas India Solutions is a wholly owned subsidiary of BNP Paribas Group, a
leading bank in Europe with an international reach. With delivery centers
located in Mumbai and Chennai, we are a 24x7 global delivery center. We
partner various business lines of BNP Paribas such as Corporate and
Institutional Banking, Wealth Management, Retail Banking through three
verticals - Information Technology, Operations and Finance Shared Services.
About Businessline/Function :
Global Markets business of BNP Paribas helps its corporate and institutional
clients leverage capital markets across the globe for their financing, risk
management and investment needs. This encompasses a wide range of financial
products ranging from Foreign exchange to complex Equity Derivatives that are
traded in financial markets across the globe 24/7. IT systems are integral to
the business and are a key part of the value proposition to clients. These IT
systems range from industry standard products for standard process automation
to internally developed, often, market leading IT applications. The IT teams
owning these IT systems are made up of functions that include Technical and
Application production support, Business Analysis & Project Management,
Development & Maintenance and Quality Control. BNP Paribas India
Solutions is an equal partner in these IT functions along with colleagues in
other locations including Paris, London, New York, Tokyo, Singapore &
Hong Kong. This partnership ranges from sharing the IT workload, executing
global strategy to owning global applications offshore. The technology and
engineering landscape is wide, encompassing almost all techniques and
platforms. It continues to evolve and transform with the market with the business
continuing to invest in it.
JAVA Technical Lead
Business Line / Function:
Number of Direct Reports:
Directorship / Registration:
Lead is required in Key Engine application to help on speeding up the
critical work identified for 2020 particularly Droit mandates integration.
person with strong technical skills who can assist in leveraging the current
platform to support huge volumes of request, ensure stability and resilient.
1) BAU deliverables as defined for Key Engine application.
2) Design / engineer solutions for complex problems raised on regulatory
3) Architect highly concurrent and performant applications/modules using
4) Should deliver robust and scalable solutions rapidly in an agile way.
5) Understand and practice data security protocols and controls to ensure
6) Guide / mentor /review other team member’s deliveries and setup technical
best practices for the teams.
7) Implement / Improve Dev Ops Pipeline for production delivery.
8) Hands on - Full stack
development. (UI, Middleware, Services/API, Backend (SQL/NoSQL).
9) Interaction with different stakeholders of the application.
10) Analysis of production incidents and helping BA team for any query
1) Improvement on the current process followed in the team to ensure smooth
functioning and increase team efficiency.
2) Automate stuff, which can increase team efficiency.
3) Be able to provide weekly/monthly reports of team status to management.
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
1) JAVA 8.0, Java Spring framework.
2) REST API framework.
3) Knowledge of scripting using Groovy, python etc.
4) Proficient in usage of frameworks:
5) Oracle database and coherence cache.
6) Proficient in usage of tools :
– Performance/load test simulator
10) Strong analytical and communication skills.
11) Good interpersonal skills.
12) Ability to learn and adapt quickly to new
technologies and methodologies.
13) Has an eye for detail.
14) Ability to operate autonomously without supervision
even if within team.
Specific Qualifications (if required)
Ability to collaborate
Ability to deliver / Results driven
Creativity & Innovation / Problem
Communication skills - oral &
Ability to develop and
adapt a process
Ability to develop
others & improve their skills
Ability to inspire
others & generate people's commitment
Ability to understand,
explain and support change
Bachelor Degree or equivalent
At least 7 years
Other/Specific Qualifications (if required)