Are you an experienced Infrastructure professional seeking a new opportunity?
BNP Paribas Personal Finance is committed to creating responsible consumer finance solutions that customers trust and help our partners grow. With the backing of a global bank we’ve exciting growth ambitions to double the size of the business by 2020 you’ll be joining a dynamic business which provides people with opportunities to make it happen in a high energy environment.
Our IT teams keep BNP Paribas Personal Finance moving in the right direction every moment of every day, without them our business simply could not evolve. Your ideas and solutions will not just help manage operations, they will transform the business and ultimately affect how every one of our functions works.
We are currently recruiting for 2 new team members to join our existing Infrastructure team. Our Infrastructure Engineers are responsible for the continual smooth running of the data communications, network infrastructure and network security systems. You’ll also be responsible for the continual smooth running of the company’s servers especially customer facing web sites, their operations and the performance of the software running on them.
- Ensure the servers operate effectively on a day to day basis; Administration and maintenance of all web database and application servers (predominantly Microsoft, some Linux) hosted mainly within the company’s own data centre in Belfast, and premises in Solihull and Belfast.
- Management and monitoring of email systems to provide service to internal customers and systems.
- Continual monitoring of web sites with regard to performance and availability.
- Configuration and set-up of new server systems.
- Maintenance of existing anti-spam and anti-virus systems and the setting of new anti-spam policies.
- Administration of external DNS for all company owned domains.
- Focus on continual improvement of servers, networks and overall IT effectiveness; Test systems performance and provide regular performance statistics and reporting; help develop strategies and roadmaps for maintaining server and storage infrastructure
- Resolve problems speedily and permanently; proactively monitor systems to prevent failure, Identify single points of failure and recovery plans
To be successful for this role, you will need:
- Demonstrable experience supporting servers and data networks delivering operational excellence
- Hands on experience of data network troubleshooting
- Application support experience with Wintel/Lintel platforms
- Window Server 2012/2016/2019 – Build and administration including Active Directory Management, DNS, and the installation, configuration and management of Symantec backup
- Experience of HP / Dell Server hardware
- Experience of EMC Storage and data protection product set
- Firewall and network security – with experience in Checkpoint
- PKI (Public Key Infrastructure) and SSL certificate administration
- Ideally you’ll be a VMware Certified Professional (VCP), MCTS/MCITP and Red Hat Certified System Administrator
- You’ll have a strong customer service orientation and experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Understanding of Continuity Mgmt including backups, Unix Admin, Incident Mgmt, Problem Mgmt, Release Mgmt, Change Mgmt, Capacity Mgmt, Availability Mgmt, Service Level Mgmt and Configuration Mgmt
Please note that this role will require you to participate in the 24/7/364 on-call rota- approximately 1 week out of every 5, which could change around business requirements.
If this opportunity sounds like your ideal next step, we'd love to hear from you.