WHO WE ARE
BNP Paribas is a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. It operates in 68 countries and has more than 193,000 employees, including nearly 148,000 in Europe. The Group has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking.
Global Markets is BNP Paribas’ capital markets business within the Corporate & Institutional Bank (CIB), delivering solutions across asset classes, and industry-leading services for clients including Institutionals, corporates, private banks and retail distribution networks.
Global Markets encompasses three global business lines; Global Equities, Global Macro and Global Credit, helping their franchise of clients find effective ways to raise and invest capital as well as manage their exposure to risk.
In its Corporate & Institutional Banking and International Financial Services activities, BNP Paribas enjoys top positions in Europe, a strong presence in the Americas as well as a solid and fast-growing business in Asia-Pacific.
You will be part of the global markets sales team covering Dutch institutional clients (pension funds, banks, asset managers, insurers, non-bank lenders). The team transacts vanilla interest rate products such as bonds and derivatives as well as structured fixed income solutions. You will be working in fast-paced macro economic driven environment. On the job you are working closely with traders, researchers, structurers and other sales colleagues across Europe to provide clients with bespoke service and products to meet their investment and risk management objectives. As part of the role you are also expected to conduct a short term assignment at BNP Paribas Paris Offices.
- Sales position focusing on interest rates products to Institutional clients.
- You will support activities by analysing opportunities, producing research and market analysis.
- Provide market commentary for internal and external distribution.
- Identify new clients for the business.
- Develop and maintain relationships with clients.
- Develop significant understanding of clients organization, business and operating model.
- Identify new themes and business opportunities within the covered client base.
- Support client initiatives.
- Develop presentations for use by team.
- Support trade execution.
- Strong macroeconomics background and a transversal financial markets view.
- Affinity with regulatory and investment banking topics.
- Methodical, logical, systematic and solution-driven approach.
- Positive attitude and team player.
- Creativity and willingness to challenge and innovate.
- Strong drive to exceed expectations and take initiative.
- Great multitasking and time management skills.
- Strong analysis and judgement.
- Meticulous accuracy with a keen eye for detail.
- Confident verbal communication and networking skills.
- Proactive and enthusiastic self-starter.
- Demonstrate commercial awareness and a keen interest in current affairs and finance topics.
- Passion, tenacity and resilience in an ever changing environment.
- Excellent spoken and written English.
- Additional languages are an advantage, Dutch in particular.
TECHNICAL SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Excellent academic background.
- Keen interest and basic understanding in Financial Markets.
- Strong desire and capacity to learn.
- Strong mathematical, analytical & quantitative skills are advantageous
- Excellent organisational and time management skills.
- Proficient with MS Office tools, including Excel (any additional computer skills/coding are an advantage).
- Strong interpersonal skills and a sense of professionalism.
- Previous internship or work experience.
- Motivated and driven to develop a career in Global Markets
- Ability to influence.
- Products & services conception and presentation capabilities.
- Customer Relationship Management and Strategic Commercial Coverage skills.
- Digital knowledge & culture.
- Be a role model, supporting and fostering a culture of good conduct.
- Demonstrate proactivity, transparency, and accountability for identifying and managing conduct risks.
- Consider the implications of your actions on colleagues.
OPENING DATE: ASAP