About the job
- The Finance Capital Markets Products Controller mission is to ensure the reliability, sincerity, integrity and the exhaustiveness of the accounting delivered by the upstreams chains (Front to Back) and organisation (Operations – Back and Middle Office). This position works within the BNP Paribas' GECD business that encompasses research, structuring, trading and sales of equity, index and fund derivatives
Your Main Activities Are
- Ensure the accounting control level one on a dedicated perimeter of products within your team and ensure proper justification on all accounting control, among which is reconciliation with operations data inventory and reconciliation of sensitives accounts
- Analyse breaks and operational or financial risks, as well as monitoring and follow-up of discrepancies resolution and manage escalations to the management if needed
- Ensure a good collaboration with all partners and animate the relation by anticipating any know issues (pre-closing), as well as ensure fluid communication during closing period and formalize issues and present them in order to avoid them next time (post-closing)
- Contribute to continuous improvement of the control set-up and ensure permanent evolutions are realized in order to avoid manual adjustment
- Formalization of team procedures and operating guides, which include: participation of training and coaching for new joiners; formalization of on-boarding materials; and active participation in management and department staff meetings
- Contribute or lead projects related to the efficiency of the processes and systems, as well as propose new developments or improvements in the existing chain, in order to secure the processes and reduce the operational risk
- Contribute to the Finance Arbitrage major project: replacement of the current General Ledger CODA with the Group Ledger OFS and assist on other Business & regulatory projects, which include: contribute to OFS project during the different phases (requirements/testing/shadow production/controls); participate to the training on the new tools and processes with OFS; and assist and control on Other Business & Regulatory projects in collaboration with the project team (participation to requirements/testing/specific control post migration or go-live)
Profile and Skills to Success
- Bachelor's degree in Economics, Finance and Accounting
- Between 3-4 years of professional experience in Accounting and Finance
- Knowledge of Finance & Budget – Accounting
- Proficiency with MS Office Pack Microsoft Excel
- Proficiency with Compliance Matisse
- Proficiency with Business Intelligence Oracle Essbase
- Fluency in English
- Communication skills - oral & written
- Ability to collaborate/Teamwork
- Ability to deliver/Results driven
Why joining BNP Paribas?
· Leading banking institution
BNP Paribas is a leader in the Eurozone, and a prominent international banking institution with strong roots in Europe's banking history. It has a presence in 65 countries, with around 190 000 Employees – including more than 145 000 in Europe.
· Our presence in Portugal
Since 1985, BNP Paribas was one of the first foreign banks to operate in the country. Today, the Group has around 7.100 employees across several entities operating directly in the territory, offering a wide range of integrated financial solutions to support its clients and their businesses.
· International reach
Thanks to its international presence and regular and close collaboration among its different entities, BNP Paribas has the resources to support all clients with financing, investment, savings and protection solutions that help make their projects a success. BNP Paribas holds key positions in its three core operating divisions:
- Retail Banking, a division that brings together all of the Group’s retail activities and specialised business lines;
- Investment & Protection Services that include specialised businesses offering a wide range of savings, investment and protection services;
- Corporate & Institutional Banking division that offers tailored financial solutions for corporate and institutional clients.
· Diversity and Inclusion commitment
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. We are actively committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity/paternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency, which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.
· Commitment towards work/life balance
At BNP Paribas we care about our employees wellbeing and promote a culture of good integration between work and rest. We believe our employees have rich personal lives outside of work, being fundamental to be disconnected from work to recharge both physically and mentally. Only through this balance we may all be at our best while working.
· Remote Working Conditions
At BNP Paribas, we embrace a Smart Working framework based on trust, autonomy and collaboration. Within this framework, eligible employees can benefit from flexible remote working modalities adapted to our hybrid working environment. To guarantee a comfortable and efficient working set-up, eligible employees are provided with both the office and home equipment, are entitled to an equipment allowance and can benefit from exclusive partnerships to purchase additional equipment at reduced prices.
To find out more on why you should join BNP Paribas visit https://bnpp.lk/why-BNP-Paribas-Portugal
* Please note that only applications submitted in English will be considered.
* In case you are selected for this role, further documentation will be requested to support your hiring process.