Paribas is a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. It has a
presence in 74 countries, with more than 192,000 employees, including more than
146,000 in Europe. The Group has key positions in its three main activities:
Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking
networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services)
and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises:
corporate clients and institutional investors. The Group helps all its clients
(individuals, community associations, entrepreneurs, SMEs, corporate and
institutional clients) to realize their projects through solutions spanning
financing, investment, savings and protection insurance. In Europe, the Group
has four domestic markets (Belgium, France, Italy and Luxembourg) and BNP
Paribas Personal Finance is the leader in consumer lending. BNP Paribas is
rolling out its integrated retail-banking model in Mediterranean countries, in
Turkey, in Eastern Europe and a large network in the western part of the United
States. In its Corporate & Institutional Banking and International
Financial Services activities, BNP Paribas also enjoys top positions in Europe,
a strong presence in the Americas as well as a solid and fast-growing business
Hispanic Latin America region is a key market for BNP Paribas. While Brazil
remains the largest economy in Latin America, other major countries in the
region are also significant contributors for the business and for long standing
relations with clients. For example, BNP Paribas has been uninterruptedly
present in Colombia for more than 40 years.
Paribas has a historical footprint in the Hispanic Latin America. The Bank has
been in the region since 1914 and is now present in 5 countries with nearly
2000 employees between Corporate and Institutional Banking (CIB) and International
in Hispanic Latin America has world-class teams of roughly 200 professionals
spread among Colombia, Mexico, Chile, Peru and Argentina, thus ensuring an
overall coverage of BNP Paribas’ client franchise in the region. All BNP
Paribas’ business lines have operations in Hispanic Latin America and are
structured in such a way as to provide their clients with the best combination
of specialists according to sector, product or geographic region. In the
context of growing globalization, they are able to accommodate their clients
thanks to their powerful regional platforms:
- In North America (essentially New York but also
other hubs such as Houston and San Francisco) and Brazil (Sao Paulo) with
a number of professionals covering Latin America.
- In the whole of Europe with major hubs such as
Paris, London, Frankfurt, Madrid, etc.
- In Asia with a broad coverage of all major
economies in the region.
In Colombia, BNP Paribas has
presence through 5 entities representing the Group: the Rep. Office, the
Corporación Financiera and a Trust company for the Corporate and Institutional
Banking pole. As for International Financing Services, an insurance company
(Cardif) and a Rep Office for Asset Management Services. BNP Paribas is the European bank with the
longest uninterrupted presence in the country.
Job Purpose and
Duties and Responsibilities
The roles of the FIC Analyst are:
1) To act as a coordinator in the day-to-day development of the FIC activity in Hispanic Latam, by keeping track of the reporting dashboards (Pipeline (CRM), budget and revenues, portfolio exposure, RWA, KYC, etc.),
2) Support the marketing efforts of the Senior FIC Bankers in Hispanic Latam (Argentina,CAC, Chile, Colombia, Mexico & Peru),
3) To manage the credit and compliance processes for FIC Latam,
4) Act as the primary back-up mainly for the Senior FIC Banker in Colombia, CAC and Peru,
5) Actively coordinate with the rest of Hispanic Latam and Brazil to elaborate presentations and marketing material for FIC Latam,
6) Preparation of Call material with Head of FIC Americas and any required report,
7) Preparation of Call with Hispanic Latam HoTs,
8) Central Senior Management monthly reports and compilation,
9) Portfolio consistency and clean-up for Hispanic Latam,
10) Update Tombstone library for FIC Latam,
11) Accompany Hispanic Clients Earnings Release and share with stakeholders,
12) Develop Hispanic Latam Briefing Memos for particular yearly events (Felaban, IADB, IMF, etc.), 13) Coordinate and guide the FIC Colombia & CAC Intern, as well as other interns part of the FIC Latam team.
- Professional with Business, Accountant, Economy or similar Degree.
- Financial industry background required, acknowledgment of Capital Markets (local and external), banking, insurance and pension funds regulation, main players, etc.
- Full bilingual (English-Spanish).