At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.Job Description Summary
The DevOps Engineer will coordinate and manage the entrance of new hardware and software into the IT computing environment and define the process for release, package assembly, version control, migration control, release preparation and acceptance, communication and installation. The Engineer will also automate and streamline our operational processes with support teams, build and maintain tools for deployment, monitor and build recovery actions, troubleshoot and resolve issues in all environments.
Key Job Functions:
• Develop sound version control best practices based CM systems (SVN, GIT , etc.), including branching and merging strategies
• Perform configuration management for all different applications running in Bank of the West environments and manage the production release process that ensures the reliability and availability of the platform
• Create and maintain relevant play books and documentation in support of the different platforms/programs
• Contribute in developing best practices for Infrastructure as a Service (IAAS), Platform as a Service (PAAS), software build tools (Gradle, Maven, ANT, Shell) and continuous integration tools (Jenkins, GitRunner), and infrastructure automation.
• Implements CI / CD process
• Integrate Unit testing into the build process
• Enable and run automated end to end System testing
• Design, Install and configure Application servers like C++, JBoss, Jetty, NodeJS, WebSphere, and Tomcat
• Design Install and configure Web Servers like Apache HTTPD, coyote, and IIS.
• Design Install and configure use of Redis cache DB in master slave configurations.
• Support application developers with automation process and templating build pipelines.
• Support Docker build files template docker layer build and integrate into layered support builds.
• Work with Infrastructure and production support teams to ensure application delivery is standardized and supportable with the teams tools and knowledge.
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
• 4+ years related experience
Specialized Knowledge & Skills:
• Extensive expertise in various flavors of Unix, specifically Linux
• Strong understanding of development and deployment automation frameworks.
• Knowledge of systems configuration management tools such as Docker, Gitlab, Gradle, Maven, Jenkins, ANT, Openshift.
• Experience deploying Java, J2EE, Node, and C++ applications with Python, Unix Shell Scripting, REST API and SOAP.
• Good understanding of test case writing, testing methodology and testing user stories.
• Knowledge and support of Jboss EAP, Apache HTTPD, Tomcat, Jetty, Redis, Nodejs, and HA Proxy.
• Experience in Virtualization technologies
• Develop sound version control best practices based CM systems ( SVN, GIT.), including branching and merging strategies
• Extensive hands on experience in application monitoring and tuning.Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.