About the job
- The BNP Paribas Group Data Protection Risk Advisory department (DPRA) reports to the Group Chief Risk Officer (CRO). The DPRA, with a multidisciplinary team of international specialists with different backgrounds (IT, data, S&O, legal, etc.), has the responsibility for Group wide approach of key data privacy and protection transversal projects and for coordination of activities of the Data Protection activity at Group level
- The department has responsibility for oversight the Group BNP Paribas activities alignment with the Data Protection and Privacy (DPP) BNP Paribas framework on a worldwide scope. This is achieved by framing DPP framework, policies and guidelines for Group BNP Paribas, adopting privacy IT controls and systems, disseminating of a privacy by design culture across the Group, assessing the adequacy of the DPP framework set-up, controlling the effectiveness of the Group Entities DPP environment, contributing to the detection, anticipation and response to privacy risks, alerting BNP Paribas Management and DPP stakeholders on any significant risk issue
- The department has the responsibility to identify the key DPP risks of the Bank, to influence business, functions and technology partners to make sound risk management decisions, and advise on the implementation of the adequate DPP controls and measures. The DPRA is responsible for oversight the BNP Paribas Group wide DPP incentives in straight collaboration with the main BNP Paribas Business and Functions teams/stakeholders, such IT Operations, Legal, Cloud, Cybersecurity, Data, Compliance
- The Data Protection Advisor will act as a trusted advisor for BNP Paribas Business and Functions and oversight BNP Paribas DPOs, to assist in the implementation, management and monitoring of the DPP strategy, by supporting the definition, implementation and operationalization of the Group’s DPP framework by Group Entities
Your Main Activities Are
- Advising on the maintenance of the Group’s DPP Governance and framework, as well as the definition and creation of DPP policies, guidelines and procedures of Group BNP Paribas
- Independent review and challenge of the technical and oper
- ational DPP controls implemented and issue recommendations with regards to privacy, data protection and compliance with the Group BNP Paribas DPP framework and regulation (e.g. GDPR, CCPA, LGPD, PDPA, among others)
- Act as a trusted advisor of key internal stakeholders (e.g. CDOs, CISOs, DPOs, Business, among others) regarding manage DPP requirements, such as
- Oversight and check & challenge complex and transversal DPP initiatives, design and rollout of the DPP strategy, and strategy implementation
- Oversight and check & challenge transversal and complex Group wide data processing/ initiative impact assessments (DPIA), notable the adequacy of controls and measures, controllership, transfers, among others
- Identify key DPP risks, inform BNP Paribas’ Management and key stakeholders such IT and Business among other, and oversight the decisions to manage those risks
- Oversight key Group data breaches and other DPP incidents and work with key stakeholders (such CDO, CISO, DPO, IT, Legal, among others) on the risk identification, ensure the consistency of potential incidents qualification, conduct post mortem analysis, and validate the adequacy and solutions implementation
- Monitor and advice on the interactions with authorities and other external stakeholders, analyzing the requests, actions to be taken and producing lessons learned among the BNP Paribas worldwide DPP community
- Monitor global regulatory changes and authority decisions, share and provide advice on DPP risk anticipation to the DPP community, providing lessons learned, best practices and guidelines, and leveraging on the BNP Paribas DPP knowledge basis
- Promote data protection awareness and privacy by design culture across the Group (e.g. governance, principles of data processing, data subjects’ rights, data protection by design and by default, records of processing activities, security, data breach, authority interactions), and influencing/advising the Group Learn & Development agenda/ plans
- Attend regular/ ongoing data protection, information security, privacy training and continuous improvement
Profile and Skills to Success
- Bachelor Degree in IT Engeneering, Data Protection, Cyersecurity, Risk
- At least 4 years of relevant experience – two of them in Data Protection
- Advanced level (B1-B2) of English, both oral and written (mandatory)
- Intermediate level (A2-B1) of French it’s a plus
- Knowledge in
- Privacy, DPIA, Data breach, ROPA
- Risk Management Tools
- Privacy And Security Tools and Controls
- Ability to collaborate / Teamwork
- Ability to develop and leverage networks
- Ability to manage / facilitate a meeting, seminar, committee, training, among others
About The Team
- At BNP Paribas, we work continuously on behalf of our clients, helping them to realize their projects around the world. You can be an important part of this, helping us to serve our clients both in mature and emerging markets, providing them with financial solutions across a diverse range of expertise, products and services. Our origins lie in Europe, but nearly a quarter of our employees now work in our multi-award-winning Asia Pacific offices and we are a committed player in all markets
- Strong risk management, combined with the stability that comes from being part of one of the largest banking groups in the world, underpin our success. Joining us, you will become an integral part of a dynamic team that spans nationalities, cultures and backgrounds, drawing together people from around the globe and reflecting our commitment to international placements
Why joining BNP Paribas?
· Leading banking institution
BNP Paribas is a leader in the Eurozone, and a prominent international banking institution with strong roots in Europe's banking history. It has a presence in 65 countries, with around 190 000 Employees – including more than 145 000 in Europe.
· Our presence in Portugal
Since 1985, BNP Paribas was one of the first foreign banks to operate in the country. Today, the Group has around 7.100 employees across several entities operating directly in the territory, offering a wide range of integrated financial solutions to support its clients and their businesses.
· International reach
Thanks to its international presence and regular and close collaboration among its different entities, BNP Paribas has the resources to support all clients with financing, investment, savings and protection solutions that help make their projects a success. BNP Paribas holds key positions in its three core operating divisions:
- Retail Banking, a division that brings together all of the Group’s retail activities and specialised business lines;
- Investment & Protection Services that include specialised businesses offering a wide range of savings, investment and protection services;
- Corporate & Institutional Banking division that offers tailored financial solutions for corporate and institutional clients.
· Diversity and Inclusion commitment
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. We are actively committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity/paternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency, which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.
· Commitment towards work/life balance
At BNP Paribas we care about our employees wellbeing and promote a culture of good integration between work and rest. We believe our employees have rich personal lives outside of work, being fundamental to be disconnected from work to recharge both physically and mentally. Only through this balance we may all be at our best while working.
· Remote Working Conditions
At BNP Paribas, we embrace a Smart Working framework based on trust, autonomy and collaboration. Within this framework, eligible employees can benefit from flexible remote working modalities adapted to our hybrid working environment. To guarantee a comfortable and efficient working set-up, eligible employees are provided with both the office and home equipment, are entitled to an equipment allowance and can benefit from exclusive partnerships to purchase additional equipment at reduced prices.
To find out more on why you should join BNP Paribas visit https://bnpp.lk/why-BNP-Paribas-Portugal
* Please note that only applications submitted in English will be considered.
* In case you are selected for this role, further documentation will be requested to support your hiring process.