Since May 2009, BGL BNP Paribas is part of the BNP Paribas Group, European leader in terms of banking and financial services.
With BGL BNP Paribas, the Group BNP Paribas is the first employer in the financial sector and one of the biggest employers in the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg.
BGL BNP Paribas holds a leading position in its national market and extends its radius of action to the Greater Region, including the border areas of Luxembourg.
As part of its development, we are looking for a:
Credit Structurer (M/F)
Credit Structurers are key stakeholders of 'Banque des Entreprises au Luxembourg', on whom the Bank can rely for their expertise and objectivity in corporate and SME financing structuring and analysis combining a risk awareness and the commercial approach.
As a Credit Structurer, you will be responsible for:
- Structuring credit transaction with the Relationship Managers and the clients, and providing a critical contribution to inform credit decisions in credit committees
- Gathering appropriate client/transaction information (annual reports, organization chart, web site info, broker notes, due diligence with Relationship Managers …) to be able to properly structure, negotiate and present transactions, optimizing the return within the context of the global relationship and taking into account the objectives of the bank
- Structuring term sheets (Facility, borrower, guarantor, lender, amount, maturity, pricing, financial covenants, security…) with the Relationship Managers, the client and the Legal
- Recap of the SWOT and risk mitigants and determines what information needs to be further collected to elaborate a credit offer to the client
- Attend client meetings – conference call, which are primarily focused on financial results – business plans – financing discussions
- Contributing to origination / pitch meetings jointly with the Relationship Managers and other business lines
- Delivering a complete, synthetic and coherent up-to-date memo on the transaction, based on facts, compliant with bank’s guidelines with the Relationship Managers and other parties involved
- Guarantee the quality of the financial spreadsheet/business plan, the counterparty, financial and sector analysis and present the transaction analysis
- Taking responsibility for the overall data analysis reliability and coherence, including financial projections, when necessary
- Completing Credit Proposals with the Relationship Managers enabling Credit Committee to take an informed decision :
- Credit Proposal writing is a collaborative and iterative process between Credit Structurer
- Leveraging on his/her expertise, the Credit Structurer discusses transaction issues with the Relationship Managers and various stakeholders within the bank. Should fundamental disagreements arise, the issue can be referred to the hierarchy for guidance through pre-screening in due time
- Dissemination of relevant information/alert to the appropriate audience in case of major event or material evolution that could impact portfolio credit quality - joint responsibility of all stakeholders (notably Relationship Manager, Credit Structurer, Delegation Holder and Risk)
- Guaranteeing the consistency of data under their own responsibility
- Contribute actively to the quality and integrity of client data, in particular data used in the credit process for the assessment of a client’s risk parameters or credit risk
- Alert on any identified risk, including compliance issues
- Contribute to global portfolio reports when information is not directly available/reliable or if a qualitative input is needed
- Keep abreast of the changing methodologies and policies applicable
- Sharing information and developing intelligence notably on sectorial knowledge through:
- Efficient dissemination of sectorial knowledge and industry intelligence.
- Active participation in BEL community (circulation of information, regular update through interactions with EIS, other analysts and Risk).
- Contribute to continuous improvement initiatives (team, processes…) with active participation in dedicated workshops
- Maintenance of a low level of overdue files in coordination with the Relationship Managers
- Potential management of a trainee / Junior
Advantages of the position:
- Daily exposure to multiple stakeholders
- Key player in the development of the Luxembourg economy through corporate financing
- Become a SME (“Subject Matter Expert”) in credit transactions
- Be part of a young and dynamic team
- Continuous learning curve opening up career opportunities within the BNP Paribas Group
- Working in an international environment with highly specialized colleagues
- Continuous development through up-to-date trainings
- Flexible working hours
- Adequate Work / Life balance
Education:business schools, university with a major in Finance or economics / or similar experience
Professional Experience: professional experience linked to credit analysis / corporate finance / audit – ideally in the corporate segment
Complementary traineeship or experience in a company (working in the Finance or Treasury Department, or as an auditor) is considered as a plus
- Ability to collaborate / Teamwork
- Attention to detail / rigor
- Organizational skills
- Communication skills - oral & written
- Client focused
- Critical thinking
- Creativity & Innovation / Problem solving
- Analytical Ability
- Ability to set up relevant performance indicators
- Good command of technical finance, accounting, legal and economic knowledge, as well as credit lines, banking products and business lines
- Capacity to analyse, write and deliver a relevant financial analysis, make recommendation and take position/opinion
- Commercial aptitudes
Fluent in English, French and German; Luxemburgish is considered as a plus.
During the finalization of the recruitment process, the preselected candidate will be asked to provide us an extract from his/her criminal record dated less than 3 months (record N°3 for Luxembourg), according to the dispositions of the law from July 23 2016 concerning the criminal record.
Discover the different professions within BNP Paribas: Financing and Investment
Working in a financing and investment role at BNP Paribas involves supporting our corporate clients - from start-ups to the largest corporates - and institutions to develop their business strategies and to support their investment and project funding within local markets as well as internationally.Find out more
Why should I apply?
Basically, why would you want to join BNP Paribas over any other company?
BECAUSE YOU'RE THE KIND OF PERSON WHO WANTS...
What if we told you that working in our Group isn’t quite what you might think? At BNP Paribas, we do a multitude of different jobs that are constantly evolving to meet the expectations of our clients and society as a whole. Whether through everyday tasks or major projects, doing one of our jobs means making a personal commitment to taking sustainable action.
Feeling good about your job means bringing your whole self to work and being who you are. It’s also about having the resources you need to achieve a healthy work-life balance. Both of these are major commitments at BNP Paribas.
At BNP Paribas, developing your skills is as important to us as it is to you. And the skills you learn with us will help you through the rest of your working life.