About the job
- The mission of RISK is to provide Senior Management of the Group and of the Operating Divisions, with full transparency and dynamic analysis of the risk and clients managed by Corporate and Investment Banking (CIB) and Investment Solutions (IS) business units, as per the scope detailed below.
- The scope of RISK is:
- On Market and Liquidity risks: it is Group-wide. RISK comprehensively covers the CIB capital markets activities, ALM Treasury as well as the IS Business Units,
- On Counterparty risk: it is Group-wide. RISK covers all counterparty risks arising from derivative and repo transactions,
- On Credit risk: credit analysis and approval for all Financial Institutions (including Funds and SPVs), Sovereigns, Wealth Management clients and other IS private clients,
- On Insurance risk: risks generated by Insurance activities,
- Depending on mandates given, RISK also assumes, directly or indirectly, responsibilities on the above risk categories in specific areas of the Retail Business Units.
- RISK contributes to the definition of the Group’s risk appetite, its risk decision making process and the optimization of capital allocation to support the development of the Operating Divisions.
- The RISK ERA Systems team is part of RISK. Its mission consists in providing the Bank with a comprehensive capital markets risk system used to calculate market and counterparty risk capital figures using advanced methods and to support the needs of users for risk analysis, risk reporting and the credit process.
- In this context, the Data Governance Tool (DGT) was created to monitor data quality within RISK ERA Systems. It came as an answer to BCBS 239 and has now become a key asset for RISK ERA Systems and for RISK in general.
Your Main Activities Are
- The DGT Business Analyst is a buffer between the daily DGT users and the DGT developers. He/she must develop a strong knowledge of the tool’s structure and global philosophy in order to make sure any new control/feature is compliant. He/she also acts as a precious advisor for the DGT product owner
- The successful candidate will be expected to fulfil the role of a DGT Business Analyst as follows
- Work under the mentorship of the Senior Business Analyst of DGT
- Help the Senior Business Analyst on daily support to the DGT users: specific enquiries, issues, bugs
- Analyse user specifications for new controls/features to make sure they comply with the DGT golden rules
- Interact with the DGT developers to translate those specifications into a more technical language
- Respond to ad-hoc requests coming from the DGT product owner
- Help on the testing and documentation of new features
- Help the main Business Analyst and the Product Owner on the preparation of stakeholders Forums
Profile and Skills to Success
- Bachelor degree in Business / Finance / RISK / IT or related field
- Data or RISK related experience preferred
- Fluency with all MS Office tools
- Strong technical skills with Excel, PowerPoint and Visio
- Fluent in English (Portuguese is appreciated)
- Strong quantitative and qualitative analytical skills with a creative and flexible approach to problem solving
- Demonstrated capacity to work effectively in a team with exceptional written and verbal communication skills to manage all levels of the organisation
- Interest in banking, financial markets and/or risk management
- Delivery-focused with keen attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal and organisational skills
- A motivated and thorough professional who takes initiative
About The Team
- The Data Governance Tool team is responsible for the development, support and maintenance of the Data Governance Tool (DGT) - a comprehensive framework created to monitor, fix and report data quality issues.
- The mission of DGT team is met by:
- Understanding, challenging and implementing user requirements around data quality controls
- Developing the corresponding UI and features within an AGILE framework
- Providing daily support to all DGT users (more than 400 distinct users as of June 2019).
- The role is for a position within the DGT team in Lisbon.
Why joining BNP Paribas?
· Leading banking institution
BNP Paribas is a leader in the Eurozone, and a prominent international banking institution with strong roots in Europe's banking history. It has a presence in 65 countries, with around 190 000 Employees – including more than 145 000 in Europe.
· Our presence in Portugal
Since 1985, BNP Paribas was one of the first foreign banks to operate in the country. Today, the Group has around 7.100 employees across several entities operating directly in the territory, offering a wide range of integrated financial solutions to support its clients and their businesses.
· International reach
Thanks to its international presence and regular and close collaboration among its different entities, BNP Paribas has the resources to support all clients with financing, investment, savings and protection solutions that help make their projects a success. BNP Paribas holds key positions in its three core operating divisions:
- Retail Banking, a division that brings together all of the Group’s retail activities and specialised business lines;
- Investment & Protection Services that include specialised businesses offering a wide range of savings, investment and protection services;
- Corporate & Institutional Banking division that offers tailored financial solutions for corporate and institutional clients.
· Diversity and Inclusion commitment
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. We are actively committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity/paternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency, which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.
· Commitment towards work/life balance
At BNP Paribas we care about our employees wellbeing and promote a culture of good integration between work and rest. We believe our employees have rich personal lives outside of work, being fundamental to be disconnected from work to recharge both physically and mentally. Only through this balance we may all be at our best while working.
· Remote Working Conditions
At BNP Paribas, we embrace a Smart Working framework based on trust, autonomy and collaboration. Within this framework, eligible employees can benefit from flexible remote working modalities adapted to our hybrid working environment. To guarantee a comfortable and efficient working set-up, eligible employees are provided with both the office and home equipment, are entitled to an equipment allowance and can benefit from exclusive partnerships to purchase additional equipment at reduced prices.
To find out more on why you should join BNP Paribas visit https://bnpp.lk/why-BNP-Paribas-Portugal
* Please note that only applications submitted in English will be considered.
* In case you are selected for this role, further documentation will be requested to support your hiring process.