About BNP Paribas Group:
BNP Paribas is a top-ranking bank in Europe with an international profile. It operates in 71 countries and has almost 199 000 employees. The Group ranks highly in its three core areas of activity: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail banking networks and financial services are grouped together under Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, centered on corporate and institutional clients. The Group helps all of its clients (retail, associations, businesses, SMEs, large corporate and institutional) to implement their projects by providing them with services in financing, investment, savings and protection. In its Corporate & Institutional Banking and International Financial Services activities, BNP Paribas enjoys leading positions in Europe, a strong presence in the Americas and has a solid and fast-growing network in the Asia/Pacific region. About BNP Paribas India Solutions:
About BNP Paribas India Solutions:
Established in 2005, BNP Paribas India Solutions is a wholly owned subsidiary of BNP Paribas SA, a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. With delivery centers located in Bengaluru, Chennai and Mumbai, we are a 24x7 global delivery center. India Solutions services three business lines: Corporate and Institutional Banking, Investment Solutions and Retail Banking for BNP Paribas across the Group. Driving innovation and growth, we are harnessing the potential of over 6000 employees, to provide support and develop best-in-class solutions
About Businessline/Function :
The Collateral Management Group compares the Net Present Value of the portfolio of trades between BNP Paribas and its counterparties on a daily (or as specified) basis and ensure that this exposure is sufficiently collateralized.
Business Line / Function:
Global Market Operations
Number of Direct Reports:
Directorship / Registration:
The process requires comparison of exposures with the value of the assets pledged, in accordance with the parameters specified in the legal agreement. Changes in exposure will generate changes in collateral balance. The collateral teams will call for or post additional collateral. This daily margin call process ensures that the Bank is covered in terms of excessive credit risk exposure.
- Performing daily margin call process front to back for specified clients.
- Margin Call issuance and chasing clients for unanswered margin calls.
- Investigating on disputed calls and liaising with client, MO and legal on various aspects of disputed margin calls.
- Chasing clients on failed/missed payments.
- Investigating with settlements team on all bonds that have not settled in the market.
- Working on Substitution requests sent by clients/traders.
- Booking interest for all monthly clients.
- Investigating on Interest discrepancies.
- Perform and respond to control report to ensure effective break, fails and exception management.
- Presenting findings to the managements during meetings.
- Creating and maintaining KPIs and also perform quality checks.
- Point of escalation for client queries, trade breaks and fails resolution.
- Work closely with other managers in Collateral Operations to perform effective capacity management.
- Working on developing and implements new controls / processes based on Business/ Risk / Industry evolution to better support the risk management needs of BNPP.
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
- Strong Communication skills required for an effective liaison with counterparties and internal stakeholders to the reconciliation process. (Middle offices, marketers, traders, credit, compliance and legal)
- Knowledge of derivative products (Credit, Interest Rate, FX , Equities)
- Strong knowledge of Trade Life Cycle.
- Experience in Portfolio Reconciliation Operations, Collateral Management Operations or another Middle Office Operation functions within Investment Banking is favorable.
- Basic Excel skills required.
- Experience of ISDA /GMRA documentation.
Specific Qualifications (if required)
Behavioural Skills: (Please select up to 4 skills)
Attention to detail / rigor
Personal Impact / Ability to influence
Transversal Skills: (Please select up to 5 skills)
Ability to understand, explain and support change
Ability to develop and leverage networks
Ability to develop others & improve their skills
Ability to manage / facilitate a meeting, seminar, committee, training…
Bachelor Degree or equivalent
At least 5 years
Other/Specific Qualifications (if required)