BNP Paribas Wealth Management won prestigious awards at the 2013 Global Private Banking Awards organised by The Banker magazine in conjunction with Professional Wealth Management magazine (Part of the Financial Times Group).
At a ceremony in Geneva on 30 October, BNP Paribas Wealth Management was named:
- Best Private Bank in France
- Best Private Bank in Belgium
- Best Private Bank for Philanthropy Services
- Best Private Bank for Socially Responsible Investing
The Global Private Banking Awards have been running for five years. The Awards Jury was composed of eight sector experts from North America, Europe and Asia, a geographical coverage which closely reflects BNP Paribas Wealth Management's own international scope. Their objectives are to gather qualitative and quantitative information from private banking groups to be able to give a set of awards for excellence.
BNP Paribas Wealth Management co-CEOs Vincent Lecomte and Sofia Merlo expressed their great satisfaction in receiving these awards. Sofia Merlo declared: “Receiving these honours underlines the work of our teams and our solid position as the leader in France, for the second year, and in Belgium. It validates our unique business model. Our approach is one of total integration into the BNP Paribas Group, which enables us to combine local presence and global expertise in order to meet our clients' needs for asset and wealth management.“
Vincent Lecomte added: “Receiving both awards for Philanthropy Services, for the second consecutive year, and Socially Responsible Investing is a strong recognition of our commitment to provide effective, tailored solutions at a time when more and more of our clients are keen to undertake personal philanthropic initiatives and to invest in SRI funds, where we have seen assets reaching almost €2bn this year.”
These awards add to BNP Paribas Wealth Management's prestigious industry recognitions:
Private Banker International 2013
- Best Private Bank in Europe
- Best Foreign Private Bank in Hong Kong
- Highly Commended - Outstanding Private Bank North Asia
- Highly Commended - Outstanding Customer Relationship Service & Engagement
- Highly Commended - Outstanding Philanthropy Offering
Asian Private Banker awards 2012
- Best Private Bank for Alternative Investments Services
World Finance 2013
- Best Private Bank in Western United States
Asiamoney Private Banking Poll 2013
- #3 Best global Private Banks in Asia as voted by HNWIs with US$25m+ AUM
- #1 Best Private Bank in China as voted by HNWIs with US$1-25m AUM
- #2 Best Private Bank in India as voted by HNWIs with US$5-25m AUM
- #2 Best Private Bank in Singapore as voted by HNWIs with US$25m+ AUM
About BNP Paribas Wealth Management (www.wealthmanagement.bnpparibas.com)
BNP Paribas Wealth Management is the world's 7th largest private bank, present in some 30 countries.
Over 6,000 professionals, based in every major financial centre, provide a private investor clientele with solutions for optimising and managing their assets. The bank has €272 billion worth of assets under management (as at end June 2013).