BNP Paribas Wealth Management twice honoured by the private banking industry
30.10.2014 | Press release
BNP Paribas Wealth Management has been given high distinction at the 2014 Global Private Banking Awards organised by the Financial Times Group (Professional Wealth Management /The Banker magazine) in Geneva and at the 24th Private Banker International Global Wealth Summit & Awards in Singapore.
Private Banker International Global Wealth Summit & Awards (Singapore)
At a ceremony in Singapore 17 October, BNP Paribas Wealth Management was named:
- Outstanding Global Private Bank-Europe for the 3rd year in a row
- Outstanding Philanthropy Offering
- Highly Commended Outstanding Private Bank – North Asia for the 2rd year in a row
- Highly Commended Best Discretionary & Advisory Service Offering
- Highly Commended Most Innovative Digital Offering
Private Banker International is a leading journal for the global wealth industry, launched in 1987. The 24th edition of the awards identifies industry leaders and those individuals and organisations that are setting new standards. The judging criteria include the ability of institutions to demonstrate a clear and unique strategy to grow their business, regionally or globally; banks that have made the most investment in people and systems to develop their business; banks showing the most innovation in products/services; banks with demonstrably superior client services; and institutions that have strengthened and extended the global reach of their brands.
Global Private Banking Awards - Professional Wealth Management /The Banker (Geneva)
At a ceremony in Geneva on 29 October, BNP Paribas Wealth Management was named:
- Best Private Bank in Europe
- Best Private Bank in France for the 3rd year in a row
- Highly Commended in Belgium
- Highly Commended for Socially Responsible Investing
The Global Private Banking Awards have been running for six years. The Awards Jury was composed of an expert panel of fifteen industry professionals based in North America, Asia, Europe and the Middle East, a geographical coverage which closely reflects BNP Paribas Wealth Management’s own international scope. Their objectives are to gather qualitative and quantitative information from private banking groups to be able to give a set of awards for excellence.
BNP Paribas Wealth Management co-CEOs Vincent Lecomte and Sofia Merlo expressed their gratitude in receiving these awards which reflect both client satisfaction and the commitment of Wealth Management teams.
Sofia Merlo commented on the results "We are truly proud to receive these recognitions. It confirms our solid position as a reference private bank, in Europe and especially in France and in Belgium , but also beyond with this recognition in North Asia.“
Vincent Lecomte added: “Besides our geographical coverage, these recognitions on Philanthropy, Discretionary & Advisory Service and Innovative Digital Offering truly reflect our commitment to provide innovative, tailored solutions.”
These awards add to BNP Paribas Wealth Management’s recent industry recognitions:
- Best Private Bank in Hong Kong (The Asset Triple A)
- Best Foreign Private Bank in Hong Kong (Private Banker International Greater China & Global awards)
- Best Private Bank in North America (Private Asset Management)
- Best Philanthropy Offering (WealthBriefing Europe)
- #3 Best Mobile Apps Strategy (MyPrivateBankingResearch)
About BNP Paribas Wealth Management (www.wealthmanagement.bnpparibas.com)
BNP Paribas Wealth Management is the world’s 5th largest private bank, present in some 30 countries.
Over 6,400 professionals, based in every major financial centre, provide a private investor clientele with solutions for optimising and managing their assets. The bank has €295 billion worth of assets under management (as at end June 2014).