A strong risk management culture is at the heart of BNP Paribas. Managing and controlling risks have therefore always been among its top priorities.
The significant growth that BNP Paribas has undergone over the last five years and the context of the crisis lead the Group to reinforce the dissemination of its risk culture.
The BNP Paribas Risk Academy, a transversal Group initiative, supports this ambition.
The BNP Paribas Risk Academy is an open, group-wide offering, sponsored by the Bank's Executive Committee, and involving all business lines and functions.
Designed for the benefit of all staff and organised around a participative and flexible framework, the BNP Paribas Risk Academy has the following main objectives:
- Drive the continuous dissemination of the Group's risk culture
- Promote risk management training and professional development
- Facilitate the Bank's risk management communities of practice
In its initial stage, the BNP Paribas Risk Academy offers the following products and services to Group staff:
- The Core Risk Practices, fundamental principles which are the unifying theme of the Risk Academy and promote sound risk management
- A Risk Awareness e-Learning module, which provides an understanding of the essentials of the different risks managed in the Group
- A Risk Training Catalogue referencing risk courses dedicated to professionals engaged in risk-related activities throughout the Group
- An on-line Library, gathering in one place all risk-related documents and aiming to facilitate knowledge sharing
This suite of products and services will be expanded progressively in the coming months. About BNP Paribas
BNP Paribas (www.bnpparibas.com
) is one of the six strongest banks in the world according to Standard & Poor's* and the largest bank in the Euro zone by deposits. With a presence in more than 80 countries and more than 200,000 employees, including 160,000 in Europe, BNP Paribas is a leading European provider of financial services on a worldwide scale. It ranks highly in its three core activities: Retail Banking, Investment Solutions and Corporate & Investment Banking. In Retail Banking, the Group has four domestic markets: Belgium, France, Italy and Luxembourg. BNP Paribas is rolling out its integrated model across the Europe-Mediterranean zone and boasts a large network in the United States. BNP Paribas Personal Finance is the leader in consumer lending in Europe. In its Corporate & Investment Banking and Investment Solutions activities, BNP Paribas also enjoys top positions in Europe and solid and fast-growing businesses in Asia.
*In its peer group