Innovation laboratory - this unique branch model will help to develop a new approach to banking relationships and pilot the use of new technologies in the branch.
BNP Paribas is launching its first Concept Store, ‘2 Opéra
', situated at 2, Place de l'Opéra, 75002 Paris. This ‘laboratory' branch, the only one of its kind, offers clients a new approach to banking relationships and will pilot the use of new technologies in the branch.
Innovation is an important means of differentiation in the banking industry and, as such, is central to BNP Paribas' strategy. Accordingly, the French retail banking arm of BNP Paribas has been innovating constantly over the past year: As part of our drive to accelerate the use of Mobile Internet, BNP Paribas became the first bank to be present on iPad and also launched Net Agence, our first dedicated online bank branch. Every month, 200,000 customers perform transactions via their mobile phone. In addition, nearly 2 million of our clients bank via the internet. A Concept Store specially designed to meet our clients' new needs
Innovation is important but is of value only if it enables us to respond to the real needs and expectations of customers and prospective clients. With this in mind, BNP Paribas decided to involve clients in the design process by carrying out a survey before finalizing the concept.
Our clients want their banking advisors to be available, approachable and ready to listen. More than ever, they say they want a genuine human contact and a more ‘friendly' branch atmosphere, with welcoming areas open to the public, in addition to areas dedicated to specific requirements. Basically, clients want to have a choice of whether to ask for assistance or to help themselves using innovative technology.
Using this feedback, BNP Paribas developed a unique branch concept over 15 months, the main aims being:
-> Offer everyone – both clients and non-clients – a new experience, at a site open to all
-> Reinvent the relationship with clients and prospective customers, through openness and responsiveness, whether informing people directly or helping them to learn
-> Turn the branch into a ‘lab' promoting innovation and new features
-> Position BNP Paribas as a pioneer of innovation
Accordingly, the Concept Store is structured into ten specific areas in line with the basic values of commitment, approachability, learning, responsiveness and innovation. Self Service Area
– An area where people can carry out cash and cheque transactions independently during extended hours, from 7am to 11pm, seven days a week. Banking Boutique
– This area consists of nine features corresponding to nine essential lifestyle needs: savings, consumer spending, young people, real estate planning, international clientele, daily banking, ‘protecting your nearest and dearest', retirement planning, ‘you and your partner/you and your family'. Customers and prospective clients will be able to discover our product range and services and perform simulations using the iPad applications provided. Financial Info Area
– In this area that provides a learning environment, clients and prospective customers will be able to access economic and financial information and check on the main stock market prices via televised programmes in French or English. One programme will showcase our Corporate and Investment Banking division's stock market products over a three-month period.
Workshops: every Tuesday from 1pm - 1.30pm on such subjects as CAC40 companies, market volatility, hedging tools, etc.
Workshops: every Thursday from 1pm – 1.30pm featuring: market quizzes for both beginners and the more experienced; how to use bonus certificates in a stock portfolios, etc
You can sign up for these workshops via the BNP Paribas Securities hotline on 0800 235000 or via the website www.bnpparibas.netBanking Boutique Plus
– In this free-access area, clients and prospective customers will be able to obtain information and bring themselves up to speed on a variety of topics: buy or rent?; life assurance; savings products; online shopping; financial planning for couples. An advisor will be available to help clients to calculate an appropriate monthly savings schedule using an interactive screen.
Our Concept Store Discovery Team will provide teaching modules under the ‘Educare' programme, for one hour every Wednesday
. The programme for the month of December is:
Wednesday 8-12: buying or renting your property.
Wednesday 15-12: savings plans.
Wednesday 22-12: you and your partner.Daily Banking Area
– Here clients can carry out all their usual daily banking transactions. Advisory Rooms
– Friendly areas where you can meet with an advisor. Reception Area
– Advisors are on hand to help clients and prospective customers find their way around.Exhibition Area
– The very first exhibition featured will be “One Laptop per Child” (OLPC). Supported by BNP Paribas, the OLPC programme provides school students in developing countries with vital learning tools. Lounge
– Both existing clients and prospective customers can relax, surf the internet via their own smartphone or with an iPad provided gratis, or scroll through the press online. Play Area
– An area where children can have fun, draw on a tiled wall or watch children's TV programmes.The Concept Store Project
Planning took place over 15 months
Works on the 1,900 m² premises took 9 months
More than 100 staff took part in the project
1,900 m² on 2 floors, 1, 200 m² of which are open to the public
Up to 150 craftsmen were working on site in a single dayThe Concept Store Branch
25,000 clients, 60% of them international
Geared to serve all types of client: individual customers, professionals, businesses
50 staff on hand each day, some 20 specially trained to look after our international clientele.www.bnpparibas.net/conceptstoreAbout BNP Paribas
BNP Paribas (www.bnpparibas.com
) is one of the 6 strongest banks in the world and the number one bank in the Eurozone by deposits. Through its three main divisions - Retail Banking, Investment Solutions and Corporate & Investment Banking - with operations in over 80 countries and 200,000 staff, 160,000 of them in Europe, BNP Paribas is a leading European financial provider with global scope. The Group's retail banking network is grounded in four ‘domestic' markets – Belgium, France, Italy and Luxembourg. BNP Paribas is also growing its integrated model in the Europe Mediterranean region and has a sizeable branch network in the United States. BNP Paribas is also among the European leaders in Corporate & Investment Banking and Investment Solutions, and also has a sizeable and fast-growing presence in Asia.
* Rated AA by Standard & Poor's, i.e third-highest rating level on a scale of 22.