BNP Paribas Corporate & Investment Banking (BNP Paribas CIB) announces the reorganisation of its Global Equities and Commodity Derivatives (GECD) business as a proactive measure towards achieving one of BNP Paribas CIB's strategic objectives: becoming a key player in the Equities and Commodity Derivatives world.
The objective of the reorganisation is to increase the efficiency of the business in order to further improve the way we serve our clients both globally and locally. Yann Gérardin, Global Head of GECD, and Olivier Osty, his Deputy, are therefore pleased to announce the following changes:Changes to the organisation
- More autonomy is given to the GECD Regions in line with BNP Paribas CIB's regionalisation. Edward Speal, newly appointed, heads the Americas Region and Pierre Rousseau heads the Asia Pacific Region. Yann Gérardin and Olivier Osty will manage the European Region.
- The activity is organised around four newly formed businesses: Commodity Derivatives, managed by Amine Bel Hadj Soulami, Market Liquidity Provider headed by Olivier Osty, Structured Equity managed by Nicolas Marque, newly appointed and Flow & Financing under Emmanuel Heurtier, again newly appointed.
- New positions are created to enhance the sharing of know-how whilst maintaining the highest standards in terms of risk management and business ethics: Jacques Vigner is appointed Global Chief Operating Officer / Strategy & Risk, Valérie Rabault is appointed Head of Market Prospective & Business Risk and Constance Chalchat is appointed Head of Communication & People Development.
- With the objective of better addressing specific regional and local needs, an entity dedicated to emerging markets is created.Enlarged Executive Committee
The GECD Executive Committee is enlarged to welcome the following newly appointed members in addition to Yann Gérardin, Olivier Osty, Amine Bel Hadj Soulami, Pierre Rousseau, Lionel Crassier, Eric Le Brusq and Jacques Vigner: Edward Speal, Emmanuel Heurtier, Nicolas Marque, Valérie Rabault and Constance Chalchat.
Commenting on the new organisation, Yann Gérardin said: "As leaders in our industry we need to continuously adapt to meet the needs of our clients in different types of markets and stay one step ahead of the competition. This reorganisation reaffirms GECD's strong commitment to our clients in all regions combined with our strong risk management and ethical approach to business. I strongly believe these to be key differentiating points, enabling BNP Paribas to excel and pave the way for the future of the derivatives industry”.
For more information, please click here
(50 ko)About BNP Paribas
BNP Paribas (www.bnpparibas.com
) is one of the six strongest banks in the world* and the largest bank in the eurozone by deposits. With a presence in more than 80 countries and more than 200,000 employees, including 160,000 in Europe, BNP Paribas is a leading European provider of financial services on a worldwide scale. It ranks highly in its three core activities: Retail Banking, Investment Solutions and Corporate & Investment Banking. In Retail Banking, the Group has four domestic markets: Belgium, France, Italy and Luxembourg. BNP Paribas is rolling out its integrated model across the Europe-Mediterranean zone and boasts a large network in the United States. BNP Paribas Personal Finance is the leader in consumer lending in Europe. In its Corporate & Investment Banking and Investment Solutions activities, BNP Paribas also enjoys top positions in Europe and solid and fast-growing businesses in Asia.
* Rated AA by Standard & Poor's i.e. 3rd rating level on a scale of 22. About BNP Paribas Corporate and Investment Banking
BNP Paribas Corporate and Investment Banking employs about 20,000 people in over 50 countries and services 13,000 corporate and institutional clients worldwide.
BNP Paribas CIB excels in:
Derivatives - where it is one of the leading global players in rates, credit, forex, commodity and equity derivatives.
Capital markets - where it is one of the top European houses in both ECM and DCM (bond, securitization, convertibles and equity issuance)
Structured finance - where it is amongst the leaders in acquisition, export, project, energy and commodity finance globally.www.cib.bnpparibas.com
For further information, please contact:
Pascal Henisse, Corporate Communication – Press Relations, Paris +33(0)1 40 14 65 14