Parvest World Sectors is the result of the transformation of Parvest World Leaders. It has retained the same management processes but with a limited number of stocks in the portfolio and greater emphasis on sector plays, thus diversifying international portfolio risk.
The positions taken by Parvest World Sectors are based on identifying the main structural and/or economic themes contributing to world economic trends, such as:
- Demographic trends, and notably population ageing in developed countries, which has a positive impact on financial services for institutions pension funds) and individuals;
- Deregulation, which is still in progress in many countries and which has positive effects on financial services and telecommunication services;
- Technological developments, which prompt investments in the technology sector and also in the sectors likely to use the new technology to improve productivity.
Stock selection is based on comparing financial analysis of the companies with valuations based on earnings growth forecasts. A highly focused portfolio of fifty companies has been put together, favouring stocks with excellent earnings growth visibility.
Parvest is BNP Paribas Asset Management's flagship Luxembourg-based investment fund. It has grown steadily and continuously since it was set up in 1990 and is now one of the market leaders, with:
- A comprehensive European range (43 subfunds), and the leading Euro range (10 subfunds)
- An international distribution network covering 22 countries.