BNP Paribas announces new appointments in its Nordic division to support its growth ambitions
14.01.2019 | Group, Press release
BNP Paribas strengthens its position as a leading European bank in the Nordic region with senior appointments across its banking business
As part of BNP Paribas' ambition to be the leading banking partner in EMEA, the Nordic region has been identified as a strategic priority where the Group aims to grow its Corporate and Institutional Banking (CIB) business and further drive the expansion in the region.
In this context, BNP Paribas has reinforced its teams with a number of senior appointments across its Nordic business. This initiative will help to partner even more closely with our clients and accompany their development in Europe and globally.
“We are the largest Global bank across the Nordic countries and have a long-term commitment to the region. We are investing heavily in the region, both in terms of capital and employees. These key appointments firmly show our objective to further strengthen our local platform and will help us reach our goal of becoming the leading Global European bank for our Nordic clients,” said Eirik Winter, CEO for BNP Paribas Group Nordic Region and Head of CIB Nordics.
New appointments include:
- Kjartan Bru has been appointed Head of Shipping & Offshore Nordics. Kjartan joins from DNB Bank, where he spent 13 years in different senior positions in Oslo and London focused on Shipping and Offshore banking.
- Sophie Franklin has been appointed Head of Strategic Equity for the Nordics and UK. Sophie joins from Deutsche Bank, where she has worked in similar positions since 2004.
- Alexander Jansen has been appointed Head of Nordic & Netherlands Equity Derivatives. Alexander joins from Goldman Sachs, where he spent more than 14 years, most recently as Head of Nordic & Netherlands Equity and Structured Derivatives.
- David Kalis has been appointed Managing Director with responsibility for Financial Sponsors for Nordics & Germany, two of the most active regions for Private Equity in EMEA. David joins from Nordea, where he was head of Leveraged Syndicate. Previously he worked for Deutsche Bank and BAML.
- Andre Rhodin has been appointed Managing Director, Nordic Head of Growth and Start-up Companies. Andre joins from Citi, where he spent more than seven years, most recently in the Stockholm office.
- Claudine Smith has been promoted to Country Head of Norway. Claudine joined BNP Paribas in 2008 from Nordea. She has previously held senior positions in Norway until 2015, and thereafter a number of senior assignments in Paris.
In addition to these appointments, we have also continued to strengthen the teams across the entire CIB and in our support and control functions such as Legal and Compliance.
About BNP Paribas
BNP Paribas is a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. It has a presence in 73 countries, with more than 196,000 employees, including around 149,000 in Europe. The Group has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. The Group helps all its clients (individuals, community associations, entrepreneurs, SMEs, corporates and institutional clients) to realise their projects through solutions spanning financing, investment, savings and protection insurance.
In the Nordic region BNP Paribas employs over 700 people across CIB, Asset Management, Personal Finance, Car Fleet Management, Leasing, Factoring and Insurance, with offices in Denmark, Finland, Norway and Sweden