BNP Paribas announces new appointments in its Nordic division to support its growth ambitions
20.06.2019 | Group, Press release
Following the announcement in January 2019 of senior appointments, BNP Paribas is continuing to strengthen its position as a leading European bank in the Nordic region with several new appointments in its banking and Asset Management businesses.
New appointments include:
- Marjo Liukkonen Lazaro was appointed as Country Head for Finland on May 1st 2019. In her new role, Marjo is responsible for supporting BNP Paribas’ ambition to strengthen our position as a leading bank in the Nordic region and further drive the expansion of our businesses in Finland.
- Heikki Halla joins our Helsinki office as Senior Banker. He joins from Aalto Capital following a long career at Danske Bank.
- Maria Aaltonen joins the Helsinki office as a Relationship Manager. She comes from a similar position at Swedbank.
Both will report to Marjo Liukkonen Lazaro, Country Head for Finland.
- Bjørn Anderssen joins our Oslo office as a Senior Banker. Bjørn spent most of his career in London working for SMBC Group and Ondra Partners. He will report to Claudine Smith, Country Head for Norway.
- Finally, in Asset Management, Morten Bentsen joins as Head of Asset Management Sales for Nordics working closely with Alfred Berg Group. He will report to Charles Janssen, Head of Northern Europe and Co-Head of Distribution Europe, BNP Paribas Asset Management, and locally to Eirik Winter, CEO of BNP Paribas Group Nordic Region and Head of CIB Nordics. Morten will be based in Stockholm.
”We are very pleased with these key additions to our Nordic teams which will enable us to further deliver on our ambition to grow in the Nordic region. We have great momentum in all our business lines with major transactions in M&A, Capital Markets and Transaction Banking,” said Eirik Winter, CEO of BNP Paribas Group Nordic Region and Head of CIB Nordics.
Frida Stockenvall +46 8 5623 2804 email@example.com
Claire Helleputte + 33 1 55 77 89 63 firstname.lastname@example.org
About BNP Paribas
BNP Paribas is a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. It has a presence in 72 countries, with more than 202,000 employees, of which more than 154,000 in Europe. The Group has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. The Group helps all its clients (individuals, community associations, entrepreneurs, SMEs, corporates and institutional clients) to realise their projects through solutions spanning financing, investment, savings and protection insurance.
In Europe, the Group has four domestic markets (Belgium, France, Italy and Luxembourg) and BNP Paribas Personal Finance is the European leader in consumer lending.
In the Nordic region BNP Paribas employs over 700 people across CIB, Asset Management, Personal Finance, Car Fleet Management, Leasing, Factoring and Insurance, with offices in Denmark, Finland, Norway and Sweden.