Download the analyst presentation (detailed consulting):
Analyst presentation (Acrobat document -536ko)
Appendices (Powerpoint document - 1790ko)
Download: the Financial Statements (Acrobat document - 301ko)
Download: the press release(Acrobat document - 69 ko)
Download die Pressemitteilung (deutsche Version)
All the Group's core businesses contributed to the improved financial performance and the successful merger in a highly favourable market
- BNP Paribas has in 2000 net income, group share, of 4.12 billion Euros, up 57.7% compared to 1999 (26.3% before restructuring charges).
- This increase is a direct result of the improved gross operating income, which brought the cost/income ratio to 64.2% (66.6% in 1999). This brought the Group's post-tax return on equity to 20.9% (17.1% in 1999).
- This performance was accomplished the same year the merger was implemented, giving rise to the new Group. The merger was a success and the synergies announced at the outset have been and will be achieved more rapidly than expected.
- All the core businesses contributed to the improved performance. The Group has defined and implemented an ambitious and targeted growth strategy for each of the core businesses.
- Earnings per share in 2000 came to 9.4 Euros, up 29% compared to 1999. A 2.25 Euro dividend per share (or 3.375 Euros including the tax credit) shall be put to the shareholders at the General Meeting.