Energy transition and social inclusion, priorities for BNP Paribas
The just transition as seen by Europeans, in 3 key figures
of Europeans feel anxious about climate change
consider the fight against global warming as a priority over purchasing power
have changed at least one of their daily habits (travel, shopping, heating, etc.)
What you will find in this special edition
- ‘Walking a delicate tightrope,’ on aid and public support for the energy transition, by Thierry Pech, Director General Terra Nova;
- ‘Are companies doing enough?’ by Cécile Moitry, Chief Sustainability Officer, Global Banking EMEA at BNP Paribas;
- ‘Moving beyond geopolitical divides,’ by Thomas Friang, Founder and CEO of the Open Diplomacy Institute;
- ‘Balancing global protection and income protection,’ by Véronique Berthout, Head of Sustainable Development at BNP Paribas Personal Finance;
- ‘Companies can act much faster and adopt radical measures,’ by François Gemenne, Lead Author at the IPCC and Director of the Hugo Observatory;
- ‘How citizens’ conventions can pave the way for a just transition,’ by Clara Pisani Ferry, former adviser to the Co Chairs of the Governance Committee of the Citizen Convention for Climate;
- ‘Key partnerships between governments, financial institutions and stakeholders in the real economy,’ by Jean Lemierre, Chairman of the Board of Directors of BNP Paribas.
Who is behind "Perspectives"?
“Perspectives” is a quarterly publication dedicated to themes around ESG and developed by the Network of Experts in Sustainability Transitions (NEST) Coordinating Team. This internal network brings together over 500 sustainable finance experts from all BNP Paribas business lines and functions, by pooling their expertise to support the transition of Group clients.
Find all “Perspectives” editions and our other CSR publications on our Publications page.