5 major key points to remember about the impact of these demographic and societal changes.
1| 4 demographic and societal changes shape theinvestment strategies of institional investors and distributors:
- New technologies (for 95% of respondents),
- Ageing population (91 %),
- New consumption habits (89 %),
- Population growth in emerging markets (86 %).
2| These changes have already had a impact on their asset allocation decisions over the past three years...
- for 74% of investors surveyed
- ... and almost 95% of them believe it will further influence investment decisions in the next decade.
3| 60% believe that demographic change is an investment opportunity
4| 6 sectors should benefit most from these demographic changes, according to investors:
- Healthcare (for 91% of respondents),
- Technology (84%),
- Energy (67%),
- Agri food (63%),
- Leisure and tourism (60%),
- Real Estate (59%).
5| According to investors and distributors, 4 asset classes are likely to benefit the most from these developments:
- Equities (for 52% of respondents),
- Infrastructure (47%),
- Real Estate (44%),
- Thematic investments (33%).