Overall Job Purpose
The Data Service Analyst role sits within the Data as a Service Client Delivery team, and is responsible for support and delivery of Data as a Service.
The role performs day to day oversight of Data As a Service related reporting services that are produced by the offshore hub location in Chennai.
The Senior Data Service Analyst will interact directly with Australian based clients to ensure a high quality service delivery experience, by responding to client queries and resolving issues.
The Senior Data Service Analyst will work on service optimization and change management tasks for designated clients, and prepare and participate in service review meetings, workshops and system demonstrations.
The main objectives of the Data Service Client Delivery team are to:
- Receive daily investment data (Holdings, transactions, security attributes etc) from multiple external custodians, internal sources, and private equity data administrators via multiple feeds through the day.
- Management of cross domain data sets and services, including benchmark and security referential data from vendors
- Normalise, aggregate and validate this data, applying specific business rules to enhance the output.
- Feed the results via a series of daily data files to the client including their 3rd Party software solutions
- Support maintenance of client facing user interfaces allowing updating of account hierarchies, look through mapping, specific position updates and security referential overrides.
This role is in a recently created team to support the roll out of a new product for BNP Paribas, and thus there will be significant implementation and set up involved, including UAT testing, explaining and validating results with clients, and development of new processes and procedures.
Areas of responsibilities
- Support the delivery of all data as a service products to BNP Paribas Australian clients. Develop and maintain relationships with clients to ensure provision of high level of service
- Oversight responsibilities for Data Service activity based in our global operations hub in Chennai, and/or in AU
- Technical contact point for clarification and resolution of reporting queries received from the hub location or the client, and main point of contract for resolution of issues with IT support teams.
- Ensure ongoing high level of client service
- Meet or liaise regularly with clients to ensure the service delivery is of a high standard, maintaining a strong focus on timeliness and accuracy as measured by service KPIs and KQIs, including production of monthly KPI packs.
- Interact regularly with key local (RM’s, CSM’s, as well as third party custodians and fund administrators) and international stake holders to ensure preferred outcomes
- Deliver demonstrations and presentations to clients (or prospective clients) as they relate to Data as a Service
Projects & Change
- Support client change control aimed at developing, extending, or improving the existing service received by the client
- Support new activity set up and onboarding activities
- Help define business specification documents, create test & implementation plans, support and maintain project governance documents
- Seek to optimise end to end production under oversight, working transversally across the business as required
Contributive responsibilities (how the role contributes to the success of business line / function)
- Deliver service to our clients accurately and on time, thus reinforcing and building client relationship, leading to new business opportunities
- Ensure operational risk is captured and addressed, securing our functional capabilities
- Ensure appropriate procedures and risk and control guidelines are adhered to within the team through processes and checking. Monitor adherence to the Risk and Control Matrix through undertaking Controlled Self-Assessment
- Support the growth of our commercial relationships with our clients
Technical skills and experience
- Understanding of data system architecture and systems such as MapR, Hadoop and AB initio
- Strong practical understanding of Data Certification and the controls required to ensure accurate and complete data delivery
- Experience working within middle office, investment and performance analysis or fund accounting environment
- Strong practical understanding of ABOR and IBOR with multiple instrument types, including derivatives and how they should be treated within investment accounting and performance measurement
- Strong practical understanding of market data indices (S&P/ASX, MSCI, etc), characteristics (duration, Greeks etc), and classification schemes (GICS, BICS, etc.)
- Knowledge of private investments and their specifics around account and valuations
- Knowledge of performance, attribution, risk and other advanced investment reporting, and an understanding of the data required to support these calculations
- Proven client service skills
- Practical experience liaising with and explaining results to clients and internal stake holders
- Strong Microsoft excel skills, Excel VBA skills, Access database experience, SQL knowledge
- Tertiary qualification
- Industry specific qualifications such as CIPM, CFA, etc desirable.
- Accountability – takes personal responsibility, delivers against personal and team goals
- Flexibility – positive and flexible approach to identify preferred solutions to issues and problems
- Results focused – understand the strategic objectives of the business as well as the team; work to ensure their achievement with a quality focus.
- Client focus – delivers consistently a high standard of client service , aiming to achieve all client deliverables within KPI, and operating in line with the departmental code of conduct
- Teamwork – work cohesively with a team of senior professionals to define and deliver against strategy, demonstrates sound intuition and political awareness
- Innovation – maintain a constant focus on process efficiency with the aim of increasing scalability and client experience
- Communication – effective verbal and written communication & effective interpersonal ability
- Maturity & Judgment - Demonstrates the ability to deal effectively with complex issues, learns from experience, assesses issues using relevant information and applying intuition.
- Time Management – Prioritise and manage client requests and the teams execution of key tasks