About Global Markets
- Global Markets is BNP Paribas’ capital markets business within Corporate & Institutional Banking (CIB), delivering solutions across asset classes, and industry-leading services for clients including Institutional, corporate, private banks and retail distribution networks. Our Portugal Platform (Lisbon and Porto) is a major HUB in Europe and certainly unique in the country by its size and its scope of activity, with all Front Office roles present (Trading, Sales, Research, Structuring, Quant & Engineering, Business Dev and Support, Marketing & Client Support, Risk Management, Data Analytics and Machine Learning…). We are growing fast with the ambition to become even more relevant for the worldwide activity.
Your Main Activities Are
- Monitor DRIVE projects/programs, such as project/program status reporting, quality assurance, budget coordination
- Act as Committee Secretary for some of the DRIVE management meetings: set-up the meetings, collect the information, prepare the deck, minute the decisions
- Answer ad-hoc reporting requests
- Provide operational support to DRIVE community: project management, resource onboarding, training, other adhoc support
- Ensure continuous improvement, such as set project standards, create/update the project templates
- Work as an Project Management analyst in some DRIVE projects
- Reporting line to the Head of DRIVE PMO Lisbon
Profile and Skills to Success
- Bachelor’s Degree in Management, Economics, Engineering or similar areas
- Previous experience in projects related to Project Management (4/5 years)
- Knowledge of portfolio and project methodology
- Good knowledge of MS Office suite, especially PowerPoint
- Knowledge of the Clarity application is a plus
- Fluency in English both oral and written (mandatory)
- Organised and delivery-focused with great attention to details
- Clear, concise, to-the-point communication
- Self-driven, ability to operate with a large level of autonomy and under short deadlines
- Proactive, propose initiatives to improve quality and prevent risks / issues
About the Team
- DRIVE is specifically under Global Markets – IT & Operations (GM ITO), and is at the heart of Global Markets (GM) and Asset/Liability Management & Treasury (ALMT), contributing to alignment between Front Office and Functions.
Why joining BNP Paribas?
· Leading banking institution
BNP Paribas is a leader in the Eurozone, and a prominent international banking institution with strong roots in Europe's banking history. It has a presence in 65 countries, with around 190 000 Employees – including more than 145 000 in Europe.
· Our presence in Portugal
Since 1985, BNP Paribas was one of the first foreign banks to operate in the country. Today, the Group has around 7.100 employees across several entities operating directly in the territory, offering a wide range of integrated financial solutions to support its clients and their businesses.
· International reach
Thanks to its international presence and regular and close collaboration among its different entities, BNP Paribas has the resources to support all clients with financing, investment, savings and protection solutions that help make their projects a success. BNP Paribas holds key positions in its three core operating divisions:
- Retail Banking, a division that brings together all of the Group’s retail activities and specialised business lines;
- Investment & Protection Services that include specialised businesses offering a wide range of savings, investment and protection services;
- Corporate & Institutional Banking division that offers tailored financial solutions for corporate and institutional clients.
· Diversity and Inclusion commitment
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. We are actively committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity/paternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency, which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.
· Commitment towards work/life balance
At BNP Paribas we care about our employees wellbeing and promote a culture of good integration between work and rest. We believe our employees have rich personal lives outside of work, being fundamental to be disconnected from work to recharge both physically and mentally. Only through this balance we may all be at our best while working.
· Remote Working Conditions
At BNP Paribas, we embrace a Smart Working framework based on trust, autonomy and collaboration. Within this framework, eligible employees can benefit from flexible remote working modalities adapted to our hybrid working environment. To guarantee a comfortable and efficient working set-up, eligible employees are provided with both the office and home equipment, are entitled to an equipment allowance and can benefit from exclusive partnerships to purchase additional equipment at reduced prices.
To find out more on why you should join BNP Paribas visit https://bnpp.lk/why-BNP-Paribas-Portugal
* Please note that only applications submitted in English will be considered.
* In case you are selected for this role, further documentation will be requested to support your hiring process.