About Global Markets
- Global Markets is BNP Paribas’ capital markets business within Corporate & Institutional Banking (CIB), delivering solutions across asset classes, and industry-leading services for clients including Institutional, corporate, private banks and retail distribution networks. Our Portugal Platform (Lisbon and Porto) is a major HUB in Europe and certainly unique in the country by its size and its scope of activity, with all Front Office roles present (Trading, Sales, Research, Structuring, Quant & Engineering, Business Dev and Support, Marketing & Client Support, Risk Management, Data Analytics and Machine Learning…). We are growing fast with the ambition to become even more relevant for the worldwide activity
Your Main Activities Are
- Ensure that operational units, processes, risks and controls are assessed through the RCSA exercise (Risk and Control Self-Assessment) and provide a summarized view to GM Portugal management
- Contribute to the definition and follow-up of remediation plans
- Upon notification, organise the follow-up of the findings and recommendations, either issued internally or externally (external auditors, supervisors) and ensure that they are closed within due date
- Alert the management and the independent control functions, when relevant, on key incidents
- Analyse incidents in a timely manner and define, jointly with the relevant stakeholders, the correctives measures be implemented to mitigate risks
- Active contribution (or organization) to the Operational risks and Permanent Control committees focused on Portugal
- Alert and escalate to the relevant level of management any operational risk incident and/or any recurring weakness
- Perform periodic and ad-hoc reporting to the appropriate level of management as well as to independent control functions, on the main operational risk indicators (Historical Incidents, Recommendations, Control results)
- Showing initiative in suggesting improvements on reports
- Frame, design and lead autonomously the delivery of one or more projects, ensuring quality and respect of deadlines
- Prepare, structure and conduct/deliver presentations for Business/Top Managers
- Liaise & Interact with OPC teams worldwide on a daily basis
- Seek proactively to participate and help the team beyond the assigned duties
- Facilitate the knowledge sharing within the team
Profile and Skills to Success
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Maths, Engineering, IT, Science or similar area
- Experience in investment banking is an advantage
- 2 to 4 year-experience of Front-Office risk-focused team or Capital Market activities in a similar function
- Good awareness of Operational risk and fundamental risk concepts
- Analytical and quantitative skills
- Excellent knowledge of Excel, VBA (other languages would be a plus)
- Fluency in English both oral and written (mandatory)
- Precision, rigorousness
- Reliability, capacity to deliver
- Autonomy, proactivity
- An entrepreneurial attitude and a willingness to learn
- Team spirit, ability to work with others
Why joining BNP Paribas?
· Leading banking institution
BNP Paribas is a leader in the Eurozone, and a prominent international banking institution with strong roots in Europe's banking history. It has a presence in 65 countries, with around 190 000 Employees – including more than 145 000 in Europe.
· Our presence in Portugal
Since 1985, BNP Paribas was one of the first foreign banks to operate in the country. Today, the Group has around 7.100 employees across several entities operating directly in the territory, offering a wide range of integrated financial solutions to support its clients and their businesses.
· International reach
Thanks to its international presence and regular and close collaboration among its different entities, BNP Paribas has the resources to support all clients with financing, investment, savings and protection solutions that help make their projects a success. BNP Paribas holds key positions in its three core operating divisions:
- Retail Banking, a division that brings together all of the Group’s retail activities and specialised business lines;
- Investment & Protection Services that include specialised businesses offering a wide range of savings, investment and protection services;
- Corporate & Institutional Banking division that offers tailored financial solutions for corporate and institutional clients.
· Diversity and Inclusion commitment
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. We are actively committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity/paternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency, which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.
· Commitment towards work/life balance
At BNP Paribas we care about our employees wellbeing and promote a culture of good integration between work and rest. We believe our employees have rich personal lives outside of work, being fundamental to be disconnected from work to recharge both physically and mentally. Only through this balance we may all be at our best while working.
· Remote Working Conditions
At BNP Paribas, we embrace a Smart Working framework based on trust, autonomy and collaboration. Within this framework, eligible employees can benefit from flexible remote working modalities adapted to our hybrid working environment. To guarantee a comfortable and efficient working set-up, eligible employees are provided with both the office and home equipment, are entitled to an equipment allowance and can benefit from exclusive partnerships to purchase additional equipment at reduced prices.
To find out more on why you should join BNP Paribas visit https://bnpp.lk/why-BNP-Paribas-Portugal
* Please note that only applications submitted in English will be considered.
* In case you are selected for this role, further documentation will be requested to support your hiring process.